12. { in the name of the brother }

Sirens screech in the distance as the police car comes near the town line. Belle was struggling against the hold that Rumplestiltskin had on her, confused and in pain because of the bullet wound in her shoulder.

Rumple tried to make her feel better by healing the wound, but only caused her more confusion. 

David, Snow and Emma get out of the car and do a quick assessment of the situation. Snow stays with Belle while Emma approaches Hook. She looks to see if there was more than just the superficial injuries. It appeared he had broken ribs. 

Still, Hook couldn't resist antagonizing Gold, trying to get a reaction out of him. Rumple walks over to them and kicks Hook in the face. David and Emma try to pry him off while the Dark One attempts to choke Hook with his cane.

More sirens sound as the ambulance arrived. Now that the situation with Gold was under control Emma walks forward to talk to the ambulance, but then she notices the person in the strange car. She delegates the ambulance personnel to the unconscious driver.

"Looks like the world just came to Storybrooke," she says out loud as the ambulance workers begin to load everyone in need of medical help into the vehicle.

Everyone heads over to the hospital. The stranger was rushed to the ER while Hook was ushered into a room far away from Mr. Gold. Belle was also brought to a room to calm down so the doctor could assess her. Gold fought against Charming as he wanted to go and see her.

There was a lot of chaos and everyone was yelling at each other until Doctor Whale finally decided to appear after being paged a lot in the past few minutes. He tells everyone to calm down and promises Gold that Belle is in good hands.

Gold was brought to the waiting area. A few minutes later he was told by a nurse that Belle had received a sedative to calm her nerves and that he could visit her if he wanted to. The nurse leads him to the room where Belle was staying and left the two of them alone.

He watches her sleeping figure with a pained heart. There was only one thing still left to try. Since True Love's kiss can break any curse, surely it could reverse the curse of lost memories?

But the moment he kissed her and Belle woke up she screamed. Her heart rate rose to alarming rates and in response the nurses rush inside. Rumple swiftly leaves, wanting nothing more than to leave the hospital as quickly as possible.

Hook woke up from his sedative a few rooms away with Emma sitting by his bedside. He tried to move but noticed quickly enough that he was handcuffed to the bed and that someone had taken his hook from him. He made a joke, but laughing hurt his broken ribs.

Emma asks her question about Cora's whereabouts again. Hook still didn't answer, instead deflecting the question by talking about Emma's demeanor. She threatens him, saying he has enough sore places she could hurt him. She puts it into practice, finally making Hook speak.

"I have no idea where Cora is. She has her own agenda," he responds. He then asks about where his hook was, also asking Emma if there was another attachment that she prefers while smirking at her. Emma keeps her facial expressions serious.

"You're awfully chipper for a guy who just failed to kill his enemy. Then got hit by a car."

However, Hook explains he hurt him. Emma reminds him it is Belle that he hurt, but the pirate elaborates that he hurt the Dark One's heart by hurting where he keeps it. The sheriff leans in closer and smiles a little. "Keep smiling, buddy. You're chained down, he's on his feet, immortal, has magic, and you hurt his girl. If I were to pick dead guy of the year, I'd pick you."

They smile sarcastically at each other before Emma takes her leave, joining the others in the hallway. They were trying to get into the stranger's phone. Emma takes it from them and helps go past the password section.