Chapter 74: Triple Date/Fogo de Chao

George's POV

"When will Zak and Darryl be here?" Karl asked pulling away from the hug. I had notified him the would be coming as well. 

"Soon. I told them to come around noon and it's currently 12:08." 

"Should I wait to give him his gift?" Karl asked turning to Nick me then realizing the gift bag that he held in his hand. 

"I don't know." Nick responded on his phone, and it sounded that the response he gave there was no thinking behind. Karl rolled his eyes with a smile. 

"I've been excited for too long, just open it!" Karl exclaimed handing me the gift suddenly, me sitting on the bed scootching back just in case Karl and Nick wanted to sit down as well, Karl sitting on the bed and Nick pulling out my gaming chair still scrolling on his phone. 

"Nick get your dopamine addicted ass over here before I throw your phone out the window." Clay smiled but the kind of smile you give to your friends with your eyebrows dramatically raised and your smile fake in a way to try and make them laugh. 

Nick finished doing something on his phone before shutting it off and scooting the gaming chair across the floor to be closer to the bed to see George open whatever it was Karl got for him. 

As I pulled the white wrapping paper out of the brown bag the first thing, I saw was two knitted cat beanies.  I had heard Clay talking about them to me recently, he had been trying to find a red one, that's how I knew what they were. I pulled them out one blue with white strips the other red with white strips exactly like the one Clay had wanted. 

"I saw those at the store when shopping for you. They're extra, I didn't intend on getting them for you, but I feel like I could see you wearing them."  

"You're telling me you found them on accident? I've been trying to find some for months!" He laughed and you could tell he was slightly jealous I got something he's been wanting for months. 

"Have the red one." I spoke handing it out to Clay.  

"What, no George. That wasn't me trying to get you to give it to me. It's your gift. I can just ask him where he got it."  

"No, really, I can't see the color red anyways. To me it looks brown, and I know you've been wanting one recently specifically a red one. Take it."  

"No George it's-" I cut him off as I dropped the blue one from my hand back it to the bag sitting up on my knees reaching for Clay taking the red and white cat beanie with both of my hands and sliding it over Clays head then sitting back down looking at Clay adjusting it from the poor job, I had done to put it on him.   

"We can each can have one. It looks great on you."

"George are you sure?" the blond asked. "I'm telling you I can just ask Karl where he got these."

"Yes." I reassured rolling my eyes playfully at his doubt turning back to the brown gift in my arms pulling out the next thing which was a little random, but a white phone case and pack of screen protectors.

"Your phone has no protection; it freaks me out." Karl laughed. 

I laughed along with him, grabbing my phone out of my pocket and slipping it in its new case. "I've been meaning to get it one just kept forgetting. Thank you." I laughed, reaching for the next thing which was a folded-up piece of clothing.

I held it out in front of me it unfolding itself while I did so.

It was a dark blue sweater, a different shade then the one I currently had on, and it said 'NIKE' outlined in white with a lighter shade of blue for the color of the words.