Chapter 85: Movie Night pt.1

Clay's POV

The three other boys weren't back yet, so Nick, Zak and I were getting things ready to watch the movie we decided on watching which was The Conjuring. 

I had seen clips from the movie, but never watched it so I was excited to see what it was about. I heard it was relatively scary and that's what Nick, Zak and I wanted. 

I turned the TV on, quickly searched up what to watch it on then when I found what platform it took to watch and that platform was HBO Max, I clicked play the immediately paused it. 

After getting the movie ready I put the remote on my bedside table then fixed the pillows on my bed and set my LED light to dark blue from the purple color they were when I turned them on a couple minutes ago, I had Nick and Zak run downstairs and quickly make popped corn for the six of us to enjoy together. 

 After I prepped the bed and moved around the pillows to where I was satisfied with them and changed the LEDs, I plopped myself down on my bed whipping out my phone checking the time to see that George and the other two boys had been gone for about 6 minutes and Nick and Zak had been gone for about 4. I couldn't help but feel guilty like I got the easy job to do, so I exited my room walking downstairs to meet Zak and Nick in the kitchen. 

When I got down the stairs, from where I was, I could see the kitchens two big double wooden doors, one of them open and light spilling from inside of the room into the dining area. I saw that Zak had his back leaning agents the counter near the sink with his arms crossed looking at Nick, and Nick was facing Zak using lots of hand movements to explain whatever he was saying, the sound of popcorn popping obnoxiously and repeatedly playing in the background. 

I quietly made my way into the kitchen and when I did Zak and Nick looked over to me, my presents interrupting their conversation. 

"Clay!" Nick cheered. "We have one bowl of popcorn done." He paused then taking a small handful from it and popping some in his mouth. "We figured that we could make three bolls one for you and George, one for Zak and Darryl and one for Karl and me. Smart right?" 

I let out a small laugh at my friend's comment, glad to see him proud of himself over something simple. "Yes, Nick." I spoke, walking over to them from where I was at the door. 

"CLAY!" I heard George's voice yell coming from my bedroom as we were almost got to the floor my room was on me immediately knowing why he yelled my name like that, so it caused me to smirk. "I trusted you! We are not watching a horror movie! I hate you!" I let out a laugh at his remark and so did the two boys behind me in the stair way. 

"Love you too!" I hollered back, causing me to let out a wheeze and almost drop the bowl of popcorn in my hands. 

When we got to my room, George was waiting with a feisty look on his face with his arms crossed. "We aren't watching that. Change it, you know I don't like scary movies." You could tell he wasn't actually mad, but he meant what he was saying. 

"Oh Georgie," I said with a small chuckled lingering in my voice as I approached him, him having to look up so his eyes could remain on mine. "That's why we're watching this." I spoke in a low tone, causing him to not get whatever his response was going to be out in time, and as if his mind had been reset from what he wanted to say, he quickly looked away rolling his eyes mumbling, 

"Whatever," And something else inaudible before he stepped back giving up trying toa argue with what we were going to watch which made me laugh at his reaction. 

After that little interaction with the brunette, I made my way over to the bed sitting down with my back up agents the wall, George soon sitting to my right and the others than sat themselves down on my bed me saying, "Ready for me to start it?" everyone nodding so I reached for my bedside table picking up the remote and clicking play. 

One of the first things introduced in the show was an Annabelle doll. An up-close scene with a creepy snake like eye, a beat up dirty looking face, and old, faded orange straw hair was presented on the screen and this alone seemed to make the brunette besides me tense up a little though the movie had just barely started. I glanced to the left side of me without turning my head to try and see how the others reacted but couldn't tell so I just averted my tension back to half on the movie the other half on George. 

"Jesus Christ what have I gotten myself into." George mumbled only loud enough for me to hear, and without turning my head I responded saying, 

"This is one of the many things you signed yourself up for when agreeing on getting together with me." I whispered back also not loud enough for the others to hear. 

"Yeah, I see that. There should have been some kind of terms and conditions paper to sigh before I became your boyfriend, why didn't I get that as an option?" 

I let out a laugh turning my head to George, completely distracted from the movie in front of me and my attention no longer divided because it was all on the Brit now. 

The best part was that when he said that he kept a straight face the entire time and his feisty remark only made me smile at him lovingly. "You're hilarious." I commented, still smiling at him as he now turned and looked at me. 

"I'm being 100% serious." 

"I know, that's the best part." I laughed, taking my right hand, letting it go behind him and ruffle his hair and after I did that, instead of bringing my hand back in front of me where it was at first, I let it fall down to his side and stay wrapped around his waist. "Popcorn?" I asked, he looked back in front of him towards the TV, shaking his head declining my offer which made me upset because I knew why he declined the offer but didn't want to say anything about it in front of our friends, but my sad thoughts were swept away as soon as he leaned his head on my shoulder and pulled a fuzzy purple blanket over the two of us causing a small smile to slip it's way on my face and me to then rest my head on top of his as I began rubbing small circles on the side of his thigh from where my hand was. 

--------------------- 

----------------------------- 

~Word Count 1212~ 

Have a good day/afternoon/evening/night and make sure to feed and water yourselves! 

Votes would be appreciated! 💞