The last task

*warning: Death*

Alice's pov

People cheer all around, the orchestra plays and the French girls dance.

Everyone arrived with urge signs of the person they cheer for.

I can spit Ella in the crowd, holding a huge yellow sign. I wave to her, and she waves back.

The scariest, most dangerous, yet most exciting task is about to begin.

"Sonorous!" Dumbledore puts his wand to his neck, making himself louder.

Everyone sits down, and the music stops.

"Earlier today, professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory..." people stand up and cheer, interrupting Dumbledore.

"And Mr. Potter..." others cheer now. "Are tied for first position... they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum..." all of Krum's school and a few students from Hogwarts stand up cheering. "And Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner! I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task... he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants! Gather around. Quickly!" Dumbledore calls the champions and marks me to come as well.
We gather in a small circle with him.

"In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way." He warns the four.

I'm really worried about Harry. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to just send red sparks instead of dying in there.

"Champions, prepare yourselves!" Dumbledore announces.

People stand up and begin cheering again.

Every one of the four champions stands at a different entrance to the maze.

"In the count of three. One..." Dumbledore starts counting but Filch already sends the cannon and Harry and Cedric enter the maze.

It closes behind them, making us unable to see.

Not even 30 minutes into the task, a red spark is seen in the sky. It was sent from the very middle of the maze.

"Jones, do you know how to appirate?" Moody asks me.

"Yes." I answer.

"Then appirate to where the sparks came from.
Now!" Dumbledore continues. I do as he says, appirating quickly to the middle of the maze.

The maze is incredibly dark. Darker then the Black Lake at night.

The high bushes that make the maze hide every bit of sun, and the large amount of fog makes it difficult to see anything. It's incredibly creepy, and there is no one in sight.

"Lumos." I turn on a light so I could see something.

"Alice?" I hear a chocked up voice almost whispering my name. It's a girl.

"Fleur?" I look around, looking for her.

"Alice!" She chocked once again.

I panicky look around, looking for her. I begin to think I lost my mind already, until I hear her voice again.

"I'm here." She chokes once more. It doesn't sound like someone is choking her, but rather that she just barley has any air left.

I look down at the wall of bushes and see a hand popping out of it. My eyes widen.