[02]

Chapter Two
No Winners

Delia spent her entire day researching

Delia spent her entire day researching. The Quarter Quell meant that all of the mentors needed to be on their best game. After Haymitch Abernathy managed to bring both of his tributes to victory, the competition only got more intense. It felt unfair that he had been able to keep both of his tributes alive, but that wasn't what bothered her the most. He had also had experience in the last Quarter Quell, considering he won the whole damn thing.

District Twelve had never been a threat, but suddenly after one year, they had become one. Whispers of rebellion stemmed from there, floating through their coal mines and into the rivers of District Four. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. Delia spent hours watching the videos of their games and every clip she could get her hands on. She needed to know anything and everything about the new mentors this year.

Her stomach dropped when she watched Katniss reveal the berries. The girl with the braid running down the back of her head offered it to the boy who had dirty blonde hair. They were going to take them, but Delia already knew neither of them would die. It was unfair. How could they get to both live because of love? The Games cared little for love. Why couldn't have Delia been the one to win the games with someone else at her side?

Aaron should have been the Victor. Everyone knew it, but no one would say it.

The 66th Hunger Games. While she had been watching the 74th, Delia got sidetracked and tapped a few numbers onto her screen. The television began to show the parade of tributes. She never watched her own games for entertainment, but just to see her brother alive again. As their chariot rolled out, Delia saw the fear in her own eyes as she clutched onto her brother's arm. Her brother had already won over the crowd the moment the chariot entered the square, with his good looks and stoic attitude. Delia was just a shadow in his flame.

"Turn it off," a voice spoke from behind her. Delia jumped and grabbed her mug, wheeling around to smash it over whoever-

Finnick caught her arm, his sea blue eyes wide in shock. "It's just me, Del. It's just me," he told her. Slowly, Delia loosened her grip on the cup and set it down. She had always been a bit jumpy ever since the games. Letting someone sneak up behind you meant a certain death. For some reason, her body had left the games but her mind was still in full survival mode.

"Are you here for the Quarter Quell announcement?" Delia questioned, trying to change the subject. Finnick nodded his head as two pairs of feet ran down the stairs. Sure enough, Danielle and Brock were standing on the stairwell. Brock asked, "Is it time?"

The four of them settled into the living room as the television screen flickered back to life. Brock had an arm wrapped around Danielle, occasionally tickling different parts of her stomach that made her shriek with laughter. Delia would usually be amused by their antics, but her eyes were focused on the screen.