Chapter 7

Miranda walked in the Elias Clark building on 8:30 and everyone around her was running around fixing stuff and getting themselves ready.
Andrea's nausea was only getting worse and she hasn't eaten anything expect two crackers last night. Today she had an appointment to the doctor and she was quite nervous as well.

Miranda left coat and bag on Andrea's desk and started barking her orders and demands as usual.
Emily was writing everything down when Andrea stood up fast to do the coat but suddenly felt dizzy and stumbled a bit.

Emily and Miranda noticed her and looked at her one hand grabbing on the desk and her eyes shut.

E:"Andrea are u okay?"
Emily asked genuinely worried.

A:"yeah I'm good I just..got up too fast I guess!?"
Andrea said catching her breath and faking a laugh.

Then till lunch nothing extraordinarily happened. The only thing that was in Andrea's mind is, how Miranda was very cold and off today..she felt like the first month working on the magazine. The thought that's she screwed everything up made her eyes wet and was about to cry. When she saw it was time for her lunch she didn't even bother getting up from her desk. Andrea had lost her appetite anyways so she just sat there thinking about Miranda again..

Emily was still on lunch with her friend serena and Miranda was in her office.

She thought both women were at lunch so she stepped out of her office talking to her phone with probably her daughters.

M:"I said no bobseys! Stephen will not be living with us anymore! Agh...alright when ur done with French and piano classes I'll come pick u guys up to go for dinner..yeah where-"

Miranda quickly noticed Andrea running off to the bathroom. Then it was when it hit her that Andrea had heard everything.
She followed her quickly in the small stall and saw her throwing up. Miranda quickly wet a cloth with cold water from the sink and rubbed the back of Andy's neck. She knealed down next to her and flushes the toilet. As Miranda had that worried look and was about to ask something Andrea started crying and fell into her arms.

Andrea was crying on Miranda's hug for over 3 minutes now and Miranda tried to calm her down and massaged her back. She was stunned.

Then she finally calmed down but remained in the position.

M:"you okay?"
Miranda asked worried barely whispering to not frightening Andrea.

A:"Miranda I'm s-sorry I screwed up..every seens nate left me, u and runway are the closest thing I have as a family..I didn't want us to grow apart...please don't give me the cold shoulder.."
She looked up from Miranda's chest and looked in her eyes with puppy eyes.

Miranda's heart melted.
M:"oh darling.."
It's all she said before pushing Andrea more into her embrace.

Miranda then got up and helped Andrea walk towards her desk. With slow and steady steps and with Miranda's hands on her waist and hand for support, Andrea managed to sit down and drink some water.

Emily then walked in and Miranda quickly left being noticed by the British woman.

E:" what was she doing here?"
Emily asked looking towards Miranda's office.

A:"oh nothing em, I was just showing her some emails..."
E:"hmm.."
Emily didn't quite believe that but let it pass.

The time had past and it was already 5 am.
A:"Emily!"
Andrea said from her desk.
E:"yes?"
The red head answeres firmly.
A:"i have a doctors appointment...I have finished all my emails and I would be back around 7 to wait for the book..would it be a problem covering me up for those 2 hrs?"
She said anxious cause both women hadn't got along very well yet...
E:"yeah..I guess its okay..but don't be long!"
With these words Andrea grabbed her coat and bag and exited the building almost running.