Chapter 8

The next morning as usual Miranda walked in her office and Emily runned towards her and prepared the notebook. Although she didn't wrote anything. Miranda was actually looking for Andrea and hadn't noticed Emily being beside her all the time.

M:"where is Andrea?"
She said when she finally noticed her and started panicking. She was really worried when she walked through Andrea's desk and didn't see her stuff or her computer open. But when she finally entered her  office and saw the way her magazines were formed, that's when she got all nervous. That's because Andrea knew what magazine Miranda picked to read first and what last. And where on the desk she wanted her coffee and sparkling water. It was something Emily didn't do so well and always messed up.

She walked up very close to Emily and gave her a worried look, the redhead was all stunned of Miranda's behavior.

E:"She -she um.. Andrea took a day off.. She wasn't feeling too well..and her boyfriend called to inform she won't come today.."

M:"who called?"
Miranda asked starting to get angry,

E:"her b-boyfriend..n-nate something.."

M:"so u didn't talk with Andrea herself??"

E:"no.."

M:"oh my god...call Roy immediately I'm leaving. And cancel all my appointments for today."
With that Miranda turned around and started walking fast to the exit. Grabbing so hard on her purse cause she was so anxious. Emily literally jumped across the table and called Roy who thankfully was still waiting downstairs.

M:"to Andrea's apartment  and if u could stay there in case something happens.."
Miranda ordered while getting inside the car.

Roy just nodded and went as fast as he could through the new York city's traffic.

When they finally arrived she asked the people living there wich was Andrea's apartment  and when she finally found it  she knocked on the door gently.

Nate opened the door and he's smile quickly changed into an confusing and angry look.

N:" can I help u?"
He asked blocking the entrance with he's body.

M:" I need to speak with Andrea. Is something very very important for work and can't wait till tomorrow."

N:" lady? Didn't I call this morning saying Andy won't come today?"

M:"yes u did but I need to talk to Andrea. "

N:" well she can't talk right now she's resting. She will call immediately when she's up."
When he said that a plate crushing sounded from the kitchen.

N:" one sec." He Said closing the door so Miranda couldn't come in.

While she waited for him she called Roy waiting beside her for when he will come back.
From outside she could hear nate saying very bad stuff to someone screaming awful names like "filthy whore" in the top of he's lungs.

After some minutes of silence he came back trying to catch he's breath.

N:" ur still here lady? Get the hell outta here!"

M:" but I really need to..."
she tried to pass through him inside the house but he grabbed her but the shoulders. That's when Roy come up and quickly putted nate to the ground. Miranda ran in the house in search of Andrea. when she finally found her she was in the kitchen floor crying, bruises all over her body and blood on her hands and pants. Miranda kneeled down and tried to calm her down. Andrea couldn't relax and she had to call the ambulance.

At the hospital Miranda was sitting on a chair next to Andrea's bed.
Andrea was asleep, looking very exhausted and hurt. Miranda was waiting for the test results very anxious.