Chapter 15

The sun peered through the window the light hitting Andrea right in the face. She groaned and turned to te other side of the bed. She didn't sleep at all last night. Probably closed her eyes for 20 minutes and then gave up.

All this was just too much to go through and especially now that she was pregnant. Miranda was the one person that was supposed to stick by her side the whole process and never betray her, and yet there she was not calling or texting her for two days.

It's been 7 days since she left and the situation didn't seem to get any better.
Miranda didn't show up at the party Nigel prepared, Christmas also passed and now new years eve was coming up.
Andrea used to celebrate new year's eve with all her family and friends. Now, she doesn't even know if Nigel is gonna be home.

Things at runway were really stressful. -at least that's what she heared for Nigel-. Miranda was like a real dragon with every flam she exhaled at least 2 people would get fired. It was really cruel of her to fire people during holidays but she was very moody and unhappy. She changed several assistants in a few weeks. The situation reminded of everyone when she was getting a divorce but now it was different.

Andrea heard Miranda's state and it was probably cause of the car thing. She knew it wasn't Miranda's fault and that she offended her but she got scared and overwhelmed.

She wanted to have someone to celebrate the  news about her baby girl but Andrea couldn't bring herself to forgive Miranda. At least not yet. Even more when she wasn't making any move to approach her.

Andrea sighed. She rubbed her sleepy eyes aching Miranda's touch at the moment. She was thinking about her more than she wanted to show. She got up slowly making her way to the bathroom.

Nigel instantly turned to look at the bathroom when he heard footsteps. He saw her entering looking so helpless, sleepless, hopeless. He frowned. Andrea used to be so happy and now she was this messy thing. And honestly he didn't blame her, Miranda knew how to mess with people. He was also kind enough to let her stay for how long she needed to.

The sound of the keetle echoed through the small kitchen and he prepared a chamomile for her and left it to the center of the table with couple of those special Greek cookies she liked.

He then grabbed he's stuff and went to work still worrying about Andrea, he viewed her as a sister and he was extra worried especially for the baby and how her mental health was gonna affect her pregnancy.

He walked to he's office and then started to walk around the hallways greeting people. He learned a few people got fired (normal) and that Miranda took a day off.
He was surprised by this information and quickly rushed to Emily.

He found her working,very focused on her work as usual and he cleared he's throat to make  he's presence visible.

N:" so is it true?"
He said in he's sarcastic usual tone

Emily rolled her eyes and while still typing she looked in he's eyes and said

E:"yes, Nigel is true, and tell everyone to not bother me anymore cause nearly 25 people came this morning to ask me if it's true! Bloody hell! I have no help from a second assistant and all the work and the calls are on my shoulders!"

She then stopped typing, she sighed and closed her eyes. Emily looked awfully exhausted and Nigel felt bad for her.

She then told him to close the door and continued talking in a hushed voice ready to break.

E:" I swear Nigel..few weeks ago she was really happy..an- and she told me thank you,.. She even smiled! And now it's like she transformed again..she fired lots of people if you have noticed and she's been really rude to me..what happened? Have you heard something?? She's in the worst mood ever and I swear Nigel..-she lowered her voice even more-..this is our worst December so far.."