Renaissance

"Are you ready?"Yan asks carefully removing the last flexi rod from Shanice's hair whilst Shanice stares at herself in the mirror, she opted for a black draping corset high-slit velvet gown. The dress is adorned with intricate floral patterns made from a meshy fabric. She pairs it with stylish black and silver open stilettos that enhance her posture and a Loubitwist small clutch.

"Yeah, Daniel's gonna meet us there," she responds.

Yanique is wearing a sage green pantsuit. The tailored jacket features a modern, structured silhouette with a peek-a-boo chest area that accentuates her figure. The matching trousers exude sophistication with a sleek and flattering cut that completes her look with transparent pumps.

//

The anticipation in the air was palpable as Shanice moved through the bustling venue of her business relaunch. The venue buzzed with excitement, laughter, and the hum of conversation. Every corner was adorned with vibrant displays, and the atmosphere was charged with the energy of celebration.

Shanice, however, couldn't shake the unease gnawing at her. Daniel was not here.

As Shanice walked toward the entrance, she spotted Jasmine overseeing the final preparations.

"Then Jasmine gwaan with harself eeh, place look real good!" Yanique says

I know right, Jasmine ano no small deal mi love, issa big deal!

Shanice takes some time to introduce herself to her guests and check in with everyone to ensure things are running smoothly. She peeks at the time on her phone; it has already been thirty minutes since she arrived, and Daniel still hasn't shown up yet. She tries to phone Daniel, but the call goes straight to voicemail. She sends him a message and then gets back to the party.

"Shanice, hi love, congrats on tonight. Everything looks amazing," Mickayla says.

"Thank you, Mickayla. I'm so happy. Jasmine executed exactly what I wanted, and Diana found the perfect location."

"I need Jasmine's contact."

"Sure, I can introduce the two of you. Follow me," Shanice replies.

The ladies make their way over to where Jasmine and a member of her team were.

"Hey Jas, this is Mickayla. She's the owner of Ebony Essence."

"Oh, hi. I was just at your booth earlier. I'll definitely be stopping by Ebony Essence soon."

"I'm looking forward to accommodating you. Shanice and I will be partnering to have Ebony Essence exclusively use curls and cares products so you'll be receiving quality service all around ."

"Wow, that's massive. Congrats again, Shanice. I see you making boss moves, girl."

Shanice managed a smile, but her worry was evident in her eyes.

"Thank you, Jas. If you ladies will excuse me, I need to go check on something."

//

"Yan, have you seen Daniel?"

"No, bae. When was the last time you spoke to him?"

"He mentioned he was picking up a special gift for the relaunch, but he's not here yet, and everyone else is."

Yanique's expression shifted from joy to concern. "No, I haven't seen him, but I'm sure he'll be here soon. You know that man's not missing this for nothing. Have you asked his mom?"

Shanice sighed, a knot of anxiety tightening in her stomach. "Yeah, and I know that's why I am worried. I just hope he's okay."

As the minutes ticked away, she found herself stealing glances at the entrance, hoping to catch a glimpse of Daniel. Still she gracefully moves around the event, engaging with the guests. She makes sure to introduce herself and ensure that everyone feels welcome and comfortable.