Troubled Waters

Theme Song: Chris Brown - Feel Something 

Keyla's P.O.V.

I walked into my office after conversing with Donny and Marcie. I'm so happy that they are finally together. Marcie is such a good person and she deserves someone who will love her past her pain. I opened my laptop to begin my day's work. All of a sudden, I saw a blog that caught my attention. 

"Competition for Eleven Paris? New and upcoming designer,  T.J. Smith & Co., has the fashion world in a frenzy as he launches his new collection in Paris for Fashion Week! More details soon!"

Rage overtook my body as I read the blog over and over. The man who literally tried to break me has the audacity to try and do it all over again. Suddenly, Marcie and Trey came into my office and I knew by the looks on their faces that they already knew.

Marcie:  I can't believe this motherfucker is coming after you. What the fuck is his problem? 

Keyla: I was afraid of this. He's not gonna stop until I'm completely miserable. Trey, can he do this? 

Trevante: Key, this is nothing compared to what we have planned for Fashion Week. He sees that you are happy and he's trying to fuck that up. Don't let him fuck your energy up.

I listened to Trevante, knowing he was telling the truth. Suddenly, I saw Laurent and Donny come into my office. I hate that this is happening. However, I will not back down. I am not the same girl that he used to manipulate. I will rip his ass to shreds. Suddenly, a smirk came to my face as I came up with the perfect concept for the fashion show. 

Laurent: Uh-oh that smirk makes me nervous. *chuckles*

Marcie: Bitch, I know that smirk. What do you have up that fine-ass sleeve of yours? 

Keyla: He's expecting us to run. That cute little blog was nothing but a message to us. I say for every runway show he does, we crash it and show him who really runs the fashion world. I'm tired of running. It stops here and now. 

With a big ass smile on his face, Trey walked up to me, giving me a huge hug and I knew in that moment that he was super proud of my strength. Everyone left my office but Laurent. He walked up to me, holding me in his arms.

Laurent: I'm proud of you. I can't wait to see what my baby has planned.

Keyla: I already know that a meeting will take place within the next hour so I'll see you there. I still have to lay out the specifics. 

Laurent: I'll be right there to help you along with everyone else. You're not alone, baby. 

He was right. I'm not alone and I knew they would be right there ready and willing to show this bastard who really runs this fashion shit. He pulled me in his arms, kissing me softly as if his life depended on it, and left me to my thoughts.  I went back to my desk and started planning my plan to bring T.J. to his knees.

Two Hours Later...

I gathered all my paperwork and latte and headed into the conference room for our meeting. I walked in to see everyone assembled and I smiled, seeing Laurent as he patted the seat next to him.  I blushed as everyone teased and hyped me up as I took a seat next to my man. 

Trevante: Now that Keyla has joined us we can begin. Keyla has come across some new information that we all should be aware of. Keyla, the floor is yours. 

Keyla: Thank you, Mr. Rhodes. As you know, Fashion Week is upon us and this is when all of the craziness happens. So, my ex T.J. Smith has declared competition with us and he's trying to attack my sketches. I refuse to back down and let him take over when we have dominated the fashion world time and time again.