My Life

Theme Song: Amy Winehouse - Wake Up Alone

Keyla's P.O.V.

I walk into the conference room as we prepare to discuss our latest project for Fashion Week. As the meeting started, my beautiful daughter, Harmony, walked in, giving my boss, Mr. Rhodes, a warm hug. Normally, Mr. Rhodes was always so serious but Harmony slid her way into his heart. As always, she played with his tie while ruffling his hair. Everyone in the office loves Harmony.

"Good morning, everybody. This is just a briefing that our new collection will be coming out very soon just in time for Paris Fashion Week and our creative consultants, Keyla and Laurent, will be in full control of it.", he said as he glanced at Laurent and I.

I quickly glance at Laurent, who took the time to send me a smile and a wink. I laugh, shaking my head as Mr. Rhodes ended the meeting.

Harmony ran up to me, hugging me as I grabbed her hand and we walked out the building, heading home. After cooking dinner and getting Harmony ready for bed, I strolled into the kitchen to fix myself a glass of wine. If you're wondering, I'm a single mother. I will admit, I get extremely lonely. However, I don't have time for bullshit and that's all relationships are.

It's crazy how you think you know a person until shit hits the fan. Laurent has made it obvious that he's been crushing on me but I'm too old for him. Most guys his age aren't ready for all that. I'm 33 and he's 29. It may not seem like much difference but I think it is. Besides, I have a daughter to think about. I refuse to be that mother to bring men in and out of her life.

I finish my glass of wine and head to my bedroom. However, I hate sleeping alone but it's better than getting mistreated by someone who's supposed to love you unconditionally. I play Amy Winehouse because I really relate to her music. She had a way of verbally painting a picture of her exact feelings. Before long, my eyes drift to sleep as I get much-needed rest for the next day.