New Beginnings

Theme Song: Chris Brown - My Slime

Marcie's P.O.V.

Throughout the day, I really tried to focus on my work but my mind kept going to Adonis. The way he was just ready to fight for me. I can't look past that. Not to mention, I've secretly had the biggest crush on Adonis. In meetings, it takes everything for me to concentrate. He's just so damn fine. I walked to Mr. Rhodes' office to get his advice on a few things both business and personal.

That's one thing we love about our boss. No matter how busy he tends to be, he always makes time for his employees. He's always making sure that we're okay physically, spiritually, and mentally. You just don't find many bosses that are so understanding. I gently knocked on his door before opening it. He looked up, greeting me with that million-dollar smile of his.

Mr

Mr. Rhodes: Mar-Mar! How's my girl doing?

Marcie: I'm okay, Mr. Rhodes. Just a little stressed out.

Mr. Rhodes: I can tell and for the 100th time, please call me Tre. *chuckles* Sit down and tell me what's going on.

Marcie: It's about this upcoming collection. Everything seems so rushed and the catalog isn't anywhere near finished.

Tre: Don't rush a masterpiece. The fashion season has just started so don't stress yourself out when you have plenty of time. You came up with the concept so I think everything will be just fine. Now, what else is going on with you? I know it's more than just this collection, Mars.

Marcie: So you just gon' come for my scalp like that??

Tre: I've known you since you were 18. Spill it.

Marcie: *sighs* Okay. Adonis asked me out on a date.

Tre: FINALLY!!!

Tre: Don't even give me that look

Tre: Don't even give me that look. It's about damn time.

Marcie: Tony came by today and when I basically told him to fuck off, he grabbed me by my arm. Adonis came in and saved me so luckily nothing happened. To see him willing to fight to defend me, made me look at him differently.