The Morning After

Theme Song: Daniel Caesar - Death and Taxes

Keyla 's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes to the bright sun peeking through the wooden blinds. I felt two strong arms wrapped around my waist like a second skin. That's when the memories of last night came flooding back. I had sex with Laurent. I definitely did not plan for things to go this way. He's definitely gonna think I'm some corporate hoe, sleeping her way to the top. I bit my lip, trying to find the best way to get the hell out of here without waking Laurent up.

I slowly tried to pry his strong hands away but to no avail, they had a vice grip along my waist. I glanced up to see Laurent gazing down at me.

Laurent: Good morning, beautiful. *smiles*

Keyla: Good morning, Lau.

Laurent: Aww! She called me Lau!
Keyla: Omg bruh chill!

Laurent: How'd you sleep, baby?

Keyla: I slept well. How about you?

Laurent: I sleep great. Why are you trying to leave, belle?

Keyla: Well, I do have papers to finish. Pl-

Laurent: Keyla, I said it before and I'll say it again. You work too hard. Just once, let yourself have fun and just relax. I bet you can't even remember the last time you just let yourself go. *smirks*

He was right. I couldn't even recall the last time I've done something just for me. Harmony is my life. Everything I've worked so hard for is to ensure that her life is solid. I don't want her to go through what I did. I found myself sauntering back towards his bed as his strong arms engulfed my body like the water surrounding the sand. I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I laid my head on his chest, allowing myself to be content in his warmth.

Keyla: Happy now?

Laurent: Oh you have no idea

Laurent: Oh you have no idea. *bites his lip*

Marcie's P.O.V.

I walk into my office, mentally preparing myself to finish the assignments that Mr. Rhodes trusted me to take over for the upcoming collection. I looked up, seeing the one person I definitely did NOT want to see. My lying, cheating ex, Tony Hampton.

Immediately, all traces of my good day vibes were thrown out of the fucking window

Immediately, all traces of my good day vibes were thrown out of the fucking window. One look at his beautiful blue eyes and smooth caramel skin and the anger coursed throughout my body. I was with this man for 8 years only for him to leave me for a former friend of mine. He is why I won't give another man the time of day. It's also the reason why I've been pushing away Adonis. It hurts to say that because he's done nothing to deserve my distance. However, my heart has been so bruised. I don't think it'll ever be mended. Adonis doesn't need someone with that much baggage.

Marcie: What in the fuck do you want?

Tony: I can't even get a hello, Mars?

Marcie: No. Don't call me that. You don't have that privilege anymore. What in the fuck do you want?

Tony: You haven't been returning my texts, calls, or my letters

Tony: You haven't been returning my texts, calls, or my letters. I know you got em, Marcie.

Marcie: Mmhmm. All 150 texts, 50 calls, and 10 letters. Unfortunately, I'm not too big on words on paper these days. Your actions screamed an entirely different message. Now, get the fuck out of my office.

Tony: I'm not going anywhere until you hear me out. *grabs her arm*

Marcie: Get off of me, Tony! *snatches her arm*

Adonis: Hey, motherfucker! She said to let her go.

Tony: Who the fuck are you?

Adonis: If you don't let her go in the next three seconds, you gonna find out exactly who I am. Try me, bitch.

Seconds later, security came and ripped Tony away from me, carrying him outside

Seconds later, security came and ripped Tony away from me, carrying him outside. I was low-key hoping that Adonis would beat the shit out of him. Honestly, I didn't expect Adonis to save me the way he did. I didn't want him to see me in this light. I quickly turned so he wouldn't see the tears fall. However, I felt his hand softly grip mine.

Adonis: Hey, you good, Marcie? Did he hurt you? If he did, I'll kick his ass. I swear I will.

Marcie: *chuckles* No, I-I'm okay, Adonis. Thank you for stepping in when you did. I owe you.

Adonis: *wipes her tears* We can't have you crying over that asshole. I'd actually love to take you out on a date. That is if you'll let me.

Marcie: Okay. What time and where?

Adonis: I'll pick you up at 9. I'll take care of everything else. Have a good day and don't give that fool your energy.

Marcie: Thanks, Donny. You're sweet.

Adonis: Hard not to be when I have a goddess in front of me.

I immediately blushed as he smirked at me. I'm not supposed to feel this way. Normally, I'm not one to blush or even let people see me cry. I'm Marcie and I'm supposed to always have it together. With a wink, I watched as he walked out of my office. I guess I have to follow the advice I recently gave Keyla. One date won't kill me. I just hope this goes well.