1.5 Santa's Workshop

*Third POV*

Abigail jogged behind Scott as he chased after Bernard, "Look, I am not Santa Claus!" he yelled before pausing in his steps seeing where he had walked into, "Ahh!" he gasped at the sight of many elves, many toys, and many machines. Abigail gasped as she stopped behind him, this place was beautiful.

There were multiple levels to the workshop, and each one had a different toy being made. There were dolls, stuffed animals, trains, planes, rocket ships, zip lines, kites, fishing rods, and everything a child could ever want and dream of was being made right there in front of them. Abigail slowly entered the workshop her eyes gazed around the room in wonder and happiness. It was true, she may be sixteen years old but she still believed in the spirit of Christmas, it was one of the many things she would always believe in, just like Mother Nature, the Tooth Fairy, Cupid, Jack Frost, Easter Bunny, Sandman, all of them.

They made her childhood wonderous in a time of great pain, the belief and wonder for all that is special made her happy and a true believer in the spirit of Christmas,

Bernard continued walking through the room, "Did you or did you not read the card?" he asked.

Scott scoffed as they continued following him, "Yeah, I read the card," he said, Abigail sighed as this happened.

He walked over to a small baking area and grabbed something off a tray before walking back, "Then you're the new Santa," he stated before turning to Abigail, "And you're his new helper and guardian," He then continued walking, "In putting on the hats and jacket you accepted the contract."

"What contract?" Scott asked as he picked up a small worker's tools belt, Abigail shook her head with a giggle as he held it up to his waist only to see it would not fit.

Bernard stood in front of the two of them, "The card in the Santa suit. You said you read it, right?" he asked causing Abigail to nod behind Dad, "So when you put on the suit and the hat, you two fell subject to the Santa Clause and Guardian Clause," he then held out two large cookies, one for each of them, "Here," Abigail took hers with a smile, she blushed as her and Bernard's hands brushed against each other causing her to look away.

They continued walking around the workshop, Abigail was nibbling at her cookie as Scott asked, "The Santa Claus? Guardian? Oh, you mean the guys that fell off my roof?"

Bernard shook his head as they walked down a set of stairs to the lower level of the workshop, "No, no, no, not Santa Claus, the person. Santa Clause, the clause," he stated.

"What?" Scott questioned.

Bernard paused in his steps and turned to Scott, "Look, you're a businessman, right?" he asked.

Scott nodded, "Yeah," he replied as if it were obvious.

Abigail's eyes widened in realization, "Oh," She started gaining their attention, "You mean the Santa Clause, as in the last line of a contract, right?" she asked with a smile as she kept nibbling on her cookie.

Bernard smiled before nodding his head, "Yeah," he stated before looking back at Scott, who only looked more confused, "You got the card?" he asked.

Scott gasped and dug through his pockets before pulling out the small piece of card, Bernard took it from his hand, pulled over a small magnifying glass and held it under it. "Okay, look," he started before reading out what it said, "The Santa and Guardian Clause: ln putting on this Santa suit, Guardian hat and entering the sleigh...the wearers waive any rights to any previous identity, real or implied, and fully accepts the duties and responsibilities of Santa Claus and his guardian...in perpetuity until such time that wearers become unable to do so...by either accident or design."