1.6 Explanation

*Third POV*

Judy brought the Calvin family to a large room where Charlie immediately climbed into the grand sleigh-like bed and cuddled into the centre of it, Abigail walked over and pressed a gentle kiss upon the crown of his head before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Can I get you anything?" Judy asked as she walked to the large closet across from Abigail, "The kitchen's always open," she grabbed a pair of red satin pyjamas and a red satin nightgown.

Scott scoffed, "How about a stiff drink?" he asked.

Judy walked over to Abigail and handed me the satin nightgown with a smile, "Here you go," she said and smiled at her to which Abigail returned before Judy walked towards Dad, "You should get some sleep," she stated before handing him the red pyjamas, "Here are your pyjamas. I'll be right back," she then left the room.

Abigail stood up and moved behind the small screen divider in the room and stripped off her trench coat, jeans, and satin shirt before pulling the nightgown over her head, when she walked back out, Scott had also changed. Abigail giggled at the sight of SC embroidered onto the left side pocket of the shirt. Scott looked over at his daughter and smiled at how beautiful she looked and shook his head with a smile before letting out a large sigh and sitting on the small staircase. Abigail sighed through her nose and joined him on the stairs before laying her head on his right shoulder, she understood how he was feeling, this was so overwhelming.

A knock on the door caught their attention, "Santa? Abigail?" Judy called through the door.

Scott looked over and gritted out, "Scott Calvin!" he whisper-yelled.

Abigail shook her head, "Come on in Judy," she called quietly.

She walked in with two small goblet-type glasses on a silver tray, "I brought you some cocoa," she said as she sat on Scott's left side on the stairs.

He shook his head, "No, thanks," he denied.

Abigail reached out for a cup which she gave with a smile, "My recipe," she stated, "Took me twelve-hundred years to get it right," this caused her to choke on her drink for a second before looking at her in disbelief.

"Twelve-Hundred years?" She asked.

She nodded, "That's right," she replied.

Scott took the other glass and stated, "You know, I must say, you look pretty good for your age," he brought the cup up to his mouth and took a sip.

Judy smirked, "Thanks, but I'm seeing someone in wrapping," she replied causing Abigail to giggle into her cup as she took a sip. As soon as the warm liquid touched her tongue it felt like an explosion of flavour and warmth had erupted in her mouth.

Abigail furrowed her brows in astonishment, "This is good," She complimented with a wide smile.

Scott nodded his head as he took another sip, "This is really good," he agreed.

Judy let out a small sigh, "Not too hot, extra chocolate, shaken, not stirred," she explained the process before noticing Scott's silence, "You look distressed," she noticed.

Scott rubbed his forehead and scoffed, "Distressed? I'm way past distressed."

Abigail looked at her dad with sympathy in her eyes, "Why's that, Dad?" she asked causing him to look at her before replying.

"We're talking to an elf," he stated and gestured to Judy before standing to his feet, "And I stopped believing in Santa Claus a long time ago."

Judy smiled at him as he paced in front of two, "That's not surprising. Most grown-ups can't believe in magic," she stated, "It just... sort of grows out of them."