1.7 Was It All A Dream?

*Third POV*

Abigail groaned as a light shone in through her white curtains, she slowly turned over and opened her eyes just a bit and looked around. She sighed happily and closed her eyes once again to go back to sleep, only to leap up in bed, looking around again she realised she was back in her bed, 'Was that all just a dream?' she thought before looking at her person to see she was wearing the same nightgown that Judy had given her. Her eyes widened a tad before her door swung open and Charlie came barreling toward her.

"Abby!" he exclaimed jumping onto her bed, "Do you remember?" he asked with hope glistening in his chocolate orbs.

Abigail looked confused for a moment, "Remember what?" she questioned.

Charlie's eyes turned sad, "The North Pole," he tried to remind her, "Santa fell off the roof and we delivered all the presents and then we went back to the North Pole and you met Bernard!"

Abigail's mind started racing, Bernard. The name made her heart race fast as the memories flooded her senses, she couldn't believe it was real, she shook her head as Charlie rushed to their father's bedroom. Abigail slowly climbed out of her bed, put on her black robe that was hanging on her floor-length mirror and slowly exited the room just as her dad exited his. The father and daughter looked at each other before seeing their pyjamas.

Scott pointed at her, "You remember what happened?" he asked her sceptically.

"I guess..." Abigail trailed off sort of unsure, "Everything just feels fuzzy right now Daddy," Abigail only called her father by that name when she was scared or stressed, she started to shake in worry.

"Hey, hey, hey," Scott reacted quickly seeing Abigail shake, "It was just a dream alright?"

Abigail nodded though she felt very unsure of her choice, Scott began rushing downstairs and out the front door, he began digging through the snow as if trying to find the two bodies that disappeared. Abigail sighed seeing her father acting crazy as she tried to rid herself of the negative thoughts she entered the living room to see piles upon piles of presents with Charlie and...her name on them?

Abigail looked at her piles of presents confused before Charlie spoke up, "There's a card for you Abby," he said as he walked closer to her and handed it to her, "Read it aloud please?"

Abigail smiled down at her brother before taking a seat on the couch and Charlie cuddled into her side, she stared at the beige envelope that had her name written in beautiful black cursive, and shakily she opened it. It read:

Hi Sugar,

Happy Christmas! Just thought I'd send a little something special for you and Charlie, hope you guys are having a magical Christmas.

Don't forget, I'll see you in 10 Months.

B.

Abigail felt her face flush, it wasn't a dream...The sleigh, the North Pole, the reindeer...Bernard, they were all real. Abigail looked to Charlie who was looking up at her with hopeful eyes, "Why don't you go and open some presents Charlie," she suggested and hoisted him off the couch and onto the floor where he quickly started ripping into his presents. Abigail stared at her presents before shaking her head and ignoring them and just watching Charlie open his own.

Not even ten minutes later, their father came barreling into the living room and plopped himself onto the couch with heavy breaths, Charlie and Abigail stared worried, "Are you okay, Dad?" Abigail questioned.

"Yeah," Scott breathed, "Just fine, just fine."

"Are you having a heart attack?" Charlie asked walking towards his father, "I know CPR."