The Quirk cont.

Inko: how do you get the flesh?
Izuku: I- I promise I don't do anything bad! I've never hurt anyone or gotten caught- so please. . . please don't hate me . . .

Izuku was on the verge of tears, he was panicking. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to be abandoned, to be left all alone again, but he couldn't lie, he wouldn't. Not to his mother. Not anymore. Not again. Before he could drag himself down the rabbit hole however, his mother cut him off with her words.

Inko: Izuku, please, I won't be mad, I won't leave. I love you sweetheart, but I need you to tell me, how-

She takes a shaky breath, composing herself before asking her next question, not wanting to scare Izuku with her tone of voice.

Inko: Izuku, baby, how do get the flesh? I'm not mad, I promise. I'm just curious.

And worried, terribly worried. But she wouldn't tell him that. She had to keep a strong face for her baby boy, to make sure he knows he's safe.

Izuku: I- I eat the. . . the bodies of. . . of dead. . . people. . .

    Izukus voice got progressively quieter and quieter, almost to the point that he couldn't be heard, but they heard it regardless. The room was too quiet for them not to.

Doctor: You. . . what?
Doctor: I- how? That's not-
Izuku: I get it. It's disgusting, it's not safe, it's not right, you could get sick, etc. I get it, I do, but what else was I supposed to do? I was 3 when I got my quirk. All I could think about was my growing hunger and, and I was scared, okay! And then I ran, cause it got to be too much. I was on the verge of a rampage before the scent of blood hit my nose. I, I followed it and it led me to an old bridge. Below the bridge there were. . .

   Izuku paused his rambling, taking a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, recalling the day his ghoul powers first surfaced in this life. He was trembling, remembering the day. Sure he's gone through much more traumatizing events, but that was back when he was a full grown adult, emotionless and powerful. Now he was small, weak, and way too emotional. This, this was the first time something like this has happened to him, even considering his past lives, and it scared him.
    Inko waited patiently while Izuku calmed himself. She was scared and worried for Izuku, her Izuku, but she would let him finish, let him get out what he needed to say before acting upon her worries. She knew he didn't need a scared, worried mother at this moment. No, what he needed was a sturdy pillar of support that he could look to for reassurance, so that was what she would be. For her baby.

Izuku: Below the bridge, there were mountains of bodies. Some washed up by the sea, some victims of villain attacks or natural disasters. It was like a mass graveyard and I- I-

   He took another shaky breath in, scared for the reaction his next words would bring. He looked towards his mother, his only wish being that she didn't harbor a look of disgust or hate, but he was surprised to see the look of pure support on her face; as if she was telling him it was all going to be okay, that he would be okay. That look gave him the final push he needed to spit out what he needed to say, knowing now that they would be okay.

Izuku: I saw the bodies and I blacked out. My quirk awoke fully and I couldn't control my body anymore. When I came to I was, I was surrounded my mutilated corpses and, and covered in blood I-

    He sobbed, letting out the feelings he's been holding in for so long.

Izuku: I ate them mom, I-I ripped them apart with my own hands and teeth and I couldn't stop! I liked it mom! The way it tasted, the adrenaline that rushed through me every time I took a bite, the absolute power that coursed through my veins the more I ate and I- I- I'm a monster.