chap 3.

school girl

i walk into the classroom, aria isn't here today so i'm sitting by myself

i notice walker and olivia walk in together, they sit together as usual.

i grab the gift bag, and walk up to walker, "hey walk-" i say and then olivia whispers something in his ear he laughs a little.

"um why are you over here?" olivia asks and i look at walker and give him the gift bag.

"what did she get you!" olivia says as she grabs the bag from him.

i roll my eyes and sit back in my seat, i put my headphones in and watch the teacher, do my work and take notes.

my black mary jane's clank against the floor.

the school bell rings and i grab my baby pink north face backpack and walk to my locker to get my lunch box.

i grab my lunch box and start to walk outside, i sit by myself as i eat lunch.

i notice a tall boy talking to walker, he has brown curly hair, and brown eyes.

olivia smiles flirtatiously at the boy, i take my headphones out and listen to what they are saying.

"lucas, dude." walker says, "whatt im asking if you guys are like a thing?" the boy asks.

"your such a bad older brother, your messing everything up." walker says as he rolls his eyes and sits down, olivia holds his hand.

"whatever dude!" lucas says as he starts to walk away, i go back to eating my lunch before someone sits next to me.

"hey new girl." lucas says, i look up.

"hi?" i ask slightly confused, "im walkers brother, you probably know him." lucas says.

"yeah." i say and i nod.

"so uh why'd you buy him that record?" lucas asks and i shrug, "i just felt like being nice i guess." i say.

he nods, "right.." he says as his eyes widen.

"you know him and olivia are basically inseparable right? i have never had a different girl but olivia come over since elementary school with that dumb kid." lucas says as he rolls his eyes.

"oh." i say and he nods, he leans in to my ear, "to be honest she's kind of full of herself." lucas says and i laugh a little.

"i can tell." i say quietly.

"oh you have an accent? cute." he says as he smiles.

"thanks." i say and he nods, "your from paris right?" he says and i nod.

"how did you know?" i ask confused, "i overheard a conversation between walker and olivia." he says.

"oh." i say and he nods, "listen i know you like him, and im not trying to be mean, but there's like no shot with him, he's been obsessed with olivia since elementary." he says emphasizing on the word obsessed.

"damn." i say and he nods, "yeah." he says.

he leans back in the chair, "but, your pretty, so you could probably get any guy you want." lucas says.

my cheeks turn pink, "you really think so?" i say and he nods.

"i know so." lucas says, "anyways gotta go." he says before patting me on the shoulder and leaving.

i look up from my lap to notice walker and olivia both staring at me.

the lunch bell rings, and now it's time for after school activities.

i signed up for volleyball club, even though im not very good.

i walk into the gym and notice a line of girls, i glance over to see who it is, and see olivia.

i swear this girl just follows me everywhere.

"everybody, there are uniforms, sizes xs-xxl, shorts and a long sleeve, go pick your size and change." the coach says.

i rush over to the box and grab my size, i walk to the locker room.

i notice all the girls changing infront of eachother, i get embarrassed and change in the stall.

the coach blows the whistle and we all run out.

"2 lines, even teams, now." the coach says.

i stand and watch as the girls swap teams.

thankfully olivia is on the opposite team of me. 

"okay, i'll coach it, you guys do a scrimmage from what you know." the coach says.

i nod my head and we get started, lots of people come in to watch, including walker and his brother.

i notice them arguing.

suddenly i fall on the floor, my nose bleeding, and i watch olivia's eyes widen as she starts apologizing profusely but hiding a smile.

"oh my god! i'm so sorry! i'm so sorry!" she says, i notice some of the girls snickering.

i stand up, "c'est quoi ce bordel." i mutter angrily.

"adeline go to the nurse, olivia walk with her since you spiked the ball at her face, rest of you guys go run 4 laps." the coach says as she sits down.

me and olivia start walking to the nurse, "i'm actually so sorry i didn't mean to." she says but i hear her laugh slightly.

"it's fine." i say holding my nose so it stops bleeding.

once we get to the nurse i sit down on the chair, "i'm gonna go back to practice, again i'm so sorry..!" she says before walking back to practice.

the nurse walks over to me, "look up." she says as she looks at my nose.

"well it's not broken." she says and she gives me a tissue, "just but this in your nose until it stops bleeding." the nurse says and i nod.

i take the tissue out and it stopped bleeding, "uh it stopped bleeding." i say and the nurse nods.

"okay then go back to wherever you where before." she says and i nod, i throw the bloody tissue in the trash before walking back to gym.

"i'm sorry couch, i have to leave, i have ballet class." i say and my coach rolls her eyes.

"okay, go." she says.

i nod my head and grab all of my stuff, in full reality i don't have ballet class until 6pm, but im too embarrassed to stay in gym class for the next 1 and a half.