Episode 8: Friendship Anniversary

In the common area, Adam is playing balls of paper in a can on the table, Harper enters the room excited.

"Hey Adam!!" Harper goes to him, Adam turns and smiles at her, she runs to him and hugs him.

"Happy friendship anniversary!!" Harper says hugging him "it's today!?" Adam says, Harper lets go of him and makes an annoyed face.

"just kidding, happy friendship anniversary sis!" Adam laughs, Harper lightly punches him in the arm.

"Can you believe it's been two years?" Harper says "Nope, it seems like you've been here forever" Adam says

"I know, I barely remember my life before you....probably because I barely had one before that" Harper says.

"By the way I have something for you" Harper says she gets him a milk shake "uuhh milk shake!" Adam says "just like the one you ordered when we first met" Harper smiles.

"Yeah I remember, I also remember the bet you played with the other employees, you tried to guess what the customers were going to order" Adam says.

"yeah I was the best, I never lost, The money I made from these bets was greater than the salary I earned" Harper says.

"You never told me how you did that, you said you read minds which is just nonsense..." Adam says, Harper nods "you weren't bionic yet" Adam says.

"Adam, even though I'm bionic I still can't read minds" Harper says "that's what you say" Adam makes a suspicious face.

"So tell me what number I'm thinking of?" Adam says, Harper rolls her eyes "Adam usually when you say that you're not even thinking of a number, it's a color, and probably green!" Harper says "Aha!I knew you read minds!" Adam says.

"No! it's all based on observation and patterns just like I used to do in the cafeteria bets...it was actually something simple, I spent a lot of time watching people there, so I just looked at the patterns and the stats and calculated the possibilities....it's just probability calculation" Harper says.

"see? if i'd known that at the time i never would have asked you out" Adam says "yeah i know, it's the reason a lot of guys haven't" Harper makes a frustrated face.

"I miss that place....all that milk shake" Adam smiles.

"I'm amazed you didn't leave there diabetic!" Harper says "No! that would be disgusting" Adam makes a confused face, Harper sighs.

"I wonder what happened to that place" Harper says "oh you know what would be cool to do for our friendship anniversary.." Adam says "Go there, where it all started!" Harper smiles "Yeah!" Adam says.

......................................................................

Adam and Harper go to the Rock Cafe again,But they find the place empty.