What works for me

"So-?" Isla started and Isyss raised her hand.

"I don't want to talk to him." She said and Isla sighed.

"You do realize you practically announced you two were together-" Isla reasoned.

"No, he announced he was with me, just like Jabari. I am so sick of niggas and bitches." Isyss said and she was irritated that they were even having to go to a family dinner, a dinner where she was the topic of discussion of course.

"You're just mad dad is going to scold you and Mom is going to' in my day' you to death." Isla said with a small smile.

She knew it well her parents had said the same about her and honestly, they had been wrong but that didn't mean they always had been. Isla was now making better choices and more responsible since she had no choice but to be. She had her own steady stream of income and if she wanted to she could move out but she enjoyed living with her sister.

"And for you to dress down." Isla laughed looking her over.

Isyss was just not dressed up.

Really since her picture had gone viral she was trying to be unrecognizable so that meant no contacts and back to sweatpants and oversized hoodies.

"Yea, you're not wearing that." Isla said going to her sister's closet, Isyss loudly sighed and Isla sucked her teeth pulling out the plainest thing she could find, a regular pair of joggers and a plain blue shirt.

"There you go basic Betty, cause we know you'll hear mom's voice for that." She pointed at her outfit.

Isyss sighed knowing she was right.

"I just can't have a regular life?" She sighed and Isla smiled.

"The pretty ones don't feel blessed." She walked out of her room.

It had been a week and things hadn't died down.

Jabari was embarrassed by Vibe's post.

Now the two were rumored to be 'beefing' again.

The thing was Vibe couldn't care less about Jabari but trying to one-up him cost him the very thing he wanted, Isyss.

Isyss pushed her glasses up and grabbed the clothes on her bed to get changed.

After getting ready the two headed down to Isla's car and headed for their reservations.

"You think everyone is goin to be there?" Isyss asked and Isla shrugged.

"Mom and dad it's their 6 month check in 'when are you goin back to school? When will you get a real job? Or the what's next?;" She said mockingly and Isyss finally cracked a smile.

"Look we're both adults, shit, and shit happens. Go in there speak your piece and move on. It's not like you can't afford a place." She said and Isyss looked at her.

"You think I'm scared of losin the loft?" Isyss asked and Isla nodded.

"I have enough to buy a loft and maintain for a few years," She admitted.

Isyss had learned that after her ending manager position with Jabari, always have a rainy day fund.

"Well then fuck them. They got us the loft and honestly the least they can do. Like can you pay for our therapy instead?" Isla laughed but Isyss knew what she meant.

Things with their parents hadn't been the greatest, but they were their parents nonetheless.

"Your right." Isyss nodded.

"I mean when am I not?" She laughed and her sister did the same.

"So don't sweat it. I mean Isiah will be there doin the big speech but don't even let it phase you." She reassured her and it made Isyss even more nervous.