┊000

⏤⏤⏤⏤═❀═⏤⏤⏤⏤
『 𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄 』
⏤═❀═⏤
━『 papa's girl

Itachi brought Sasuke back to the Uchiha estate after he sprained his ankle while enthusiastically playing with his kunai. Soon after, Father made an unexpected appearance, expressing his desire to speak with Itachi. Despite the intended one-on-one conversation, Sasuke and I insisted on accompanying them, simply longing to be close to our elder brother.

"Ha ha... that's my boy. It's been only six months since your promotion to chunin...You've already come so far," Father says praising Itachi as we are seated within the confines of our traditional home.

Itachi maintained a stoic silence, offering no response to Father's praises, leaving Sasuke and me perplexed. Our elder brother seemed to effortlessly receive our praise as if they were the most routine thing in the world.

Suddenly, Father shifted the conversation, "Regarding tomorrow's special mission, I've decided to accompany you." Sasuke and I exchanged surprised glances, as the protocol indicated that families were expected to attend the opening ceremony. Itachi mirrored our astonishment, his gaze fixed on Father with an equally unexpected expression.

"If this mission is successful, Itachi, Entrance into the Anbu Black Ops will be assured. You know that, right?"

"You don't have to worry so much, besides," Itachi says in his usual gentle voice looking over to Sauke and I.

"Father, tomorrow is my-"

Sasuke was cut off with more stern talking of our father and I wanted to give Sasuke a hug in reassurance that it was okay but I was too fearful to move, in case father might yell again. "Tomorrow's mission will be important for the clan too!"

I gaze down to the woven floor once more, biting my lip as I thought I was going to cry. Fathers always helping Itachi and then I'm pretty sure that Father doesn't even know about our entrance ceremony tomorrow.

"I'm not going on tomorrow's mission," Itachi said making me snap my gaze to him.

"Have you lost your mind?! You know how important it is! What on earth are you saying?!" Father yells.

Itachi interjected, "Tomorrow, I'm attending Sasuke and Misaki's Ninja Academy entrance ceremony. It's customary for students' families to attend. Did you receive the notice, Father?'" The prospect of our father's presence filled me with a bubble of happiness.

Father abruptly cut short the discussion, saying, "All right, enough. I'll go to the academy," before standing up and exiting the room, finalizing the conversation.

"Sasuke, C'mon!" I say happily, "I'll go help you ice your ankle."

"Yes, Sasuke. Listen to Misaki," Itachi says helping Sasuke up, "You don't want to hurt it even more, do you?"

"Okay," Sasuke mumbles as our big brother walks away with Father, I wondering what they are going to do now.

⏤═❀═⏤

"Mother?" I question.

"Yes, sweetheart," She replies looking over her shoulder, pausing the action of drying the dishes.

"Does father care about me?"

"Of course he does, why would you say that?" Mother replies placing the dish down and sitting across from me at the table with a worried frown on her face.