ch 9.🚰 bad memories.

tw: talking about sh,
talking about abuse,
abuse

present day

Will was in the dining room. His mother and brother were with him. They were eating breakfast together while talking.

"Hey, Will. You came home later then normal, what did you do?" Jonathan asked, attempting to starting up another conversation.

Will looked up from his plate of food and at his older brother and mother who were now looking at him, awaiting his answer.

The younger brunette shrugged, "I was helping my friend with his essay at the library." Will answered and took a sip from his water and looked down at his plate.

"Which friend? You have too many!" Joyce chuckled as she scooped some eggs into her mouth.

"Mike Wheeler, you don't know him though!" Will answered and grabbed his fork off the plate, he poked the eggs with the utensil and made a face at it. It wasn't noticeable to his mother nor his brother.

He stabbed a few eggs with the fork and looked over to the kitchen before eating them off his fork.

Joyce tilted her head a bit and wiped her hands on her napkin before grabbing her cup, "Well I'd like to meet them if you ever bring them over," She smiled at him and drank what was in her cup.

Will nodded and watched his brother eat his food, "Hey uh, I left my- chapstick in my room. I'm gonna get it before I forget later!"

Will smiled at both his mom and brother before getting up and going upstairs to his bedroom. He opened his closet and shoved the clothes on the hangers to the right and grabbed a zip lock bag.

He opened it and spit the eggs out and coughed, closing the bag and opening his window, he looked down at the bin right under his window and threw the bag in there and closed his window back.

He wiped his lips and opened the drawer on the desk in his room and grabbed one of the many packs of gum in the drawer then stuffed it in his pocket before going back downstairs with the same smile on his face.

He went back to the dining room and saw that both Joyce and Jonathan had finished and were in the kitchen. Will sat back down at his spot at the table and grabbed his napkin, he quickly unfolded it and scraped some of the food into it.

"Sorry mom." He muttered and went to the kitchen quietly then threw it away, putting another napkin on top of it and going back to the dining room.

He grabbed his phone that started buzzing like crazy and looked at the notifications. It was from the party telling him and Mike to hurry up.

Will stuffed his phone in his back pocket and took his half empty plate to the kitchen. He scraped the remaining amount of food into the trash can.

"Sorry guys! I have to go to school now so i'm not late, Love you both cya!" Will smiled and grabbed his water bottle off the counter and left the house after grabbing his backpack off the hook and started speed walking to school.

Will got to school and was greeted by Max and El at the doors. They instantly hugged him and the boy hugged them back.