four. research

four.

. • -

research

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : wherever you are - Josh Makazo
0:49 ───ㅇ───── 1:43
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

EUN-KYUNG'S eyes were puffed and reddened, tears staining her face as her dull stare aimed itself toward the ground

EUN-KYUNG'S eyes were puffed and reddened, tears staining her face as her dull stare aimed itself toward the ground. Quiet sniffles left her every so often, her hand occasionally coming up to wipe her cheeks.

Unable to bear the sight of her sister's unmoving body anymore, she left the apartment with Ok-ju, residing at an old swing set.

Eun-kyung sat on top of the swing herself, Ok-ju sitting by her legs with her knees up to her chest, one of her hands gently placed on Eun-kyung's calf to provide her with some physical comfort in her moment of grief.

No matter how many minutes passed by, Eun-kyung still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that her sister was dead.

Min-hee was dead.

That sweet girl who loved to dance was gone before Eun-kyung could even say goodbye.

She would never dance ballet again. She would never sell cakes at the shop again. She would never smile and laugh at the sight of the ocean waves as the sun sunk down in the sky again.

She would never be there when Eun-kyung needed her. She wouldn't be there when Eun-kyung needed advice or comfort. She wouldn't be there to light the candles on Eun-kyung's birthday cakes.

And Eun-kyung wouldn't be there to watch her performances. She wouldn't be there to share drinks with her at sleepovers. And that was because there would be no more performances or sleepovers.

They had so many plans. Eun-kyung had so many things left to say to Min-hee.

And Eun-kyung never even got the chance to tell her goodbye.

Eun-kyung gave a shaky inhale as she closed her eyes and wiped her cheek, Ok-ju gently rubbing her leg while staring down at the ground she sat upon.

Then, Eun-kyung reached into the pocket of her hoodie and pulled out the crinkled note that Min-hee had left behind.

'Please get revenge for me!'

Eun-kyung wasn't entirely sure what Min-hee meant by that.

The scene in the bathtub looked like a suicide rather than a murder, but there had to have been a reason as to why Min-hee would have done something like that to herself.

If someone had wronged Min-hee in any way, then Eun-kyung would work hard to bring them to justice.

That was Min-hee's dying wish.