05||Hello Stranger

Alena's POV

We celebrated our first night in New York with drinks during a lavish 5-star meal at a beautiful restaurant. Fresh from dinner with Sofia and her friends, the evening had been pleasant. While we indulged in a few drinks at the restaurant, we decided against clubbing due to lingering jetlag. Now, in a somewhat inebriated state, Mia and I were making our way back to the presidential suite we shared.

John had been a constant annoyance, shadowing our every move and diligently updating me each time Dominic called. Speaking of Dominic, he had persistently bombarded me with calls and texts throughout the day, and it seemed like his patience was wearing thin. The escalating intensity of each message was evident, but at this moment, I genuinely couldn't bring myself to care. I didn't care about what he had to say or the current state of my relationship.

Here's a refined version of your text:

While Mia and I admired the Arnoilli Hotel, John's orating voice chimed in, "Miss San—" but I cut him short by turning around and pressing my finger against his lips.

"Not Mrs. Sanchez. Just Lena or Alena," I drunkenly interjected.

"Ms. Alena," he cleared his throat, pushing the phone toward me. I gave him a glance before turning my attention to the phone. "The boss wants to talk to you," he informed me. I rolled my eyes, grabbed the phone, and held it to my ear, attempting to walk while Mia and I clung to each other for balance on our way to the hotel elevator.

"What?" I slurred, frustration bubbling within me. "Why can't you just leave me alone?" I spat.

"Why are you ignoring me? I want to talk," Dominic's voice held frustration, almost cornered. Breaking through the cloud of inebriation, I angrily retorted, "You mean like the way you ignored me? Maybe because we have nothing to talk about."

"Are you drunk right now?" he questioned.

"Wouldn't be the first time," I scoffed at his idiotic response. "Dominic, did you mess around with someone else?" I spat the words, a mix of anger and hurt letting my drunken mind speak for me.

"Alena, I—" he began to explain, but I interrupted with a harsh retort.

"Dominic, please, just leave me alone. Especially if you're going to give me empty answers." Before he could respond, I hung up, disconnecting from the strained conversation that seemed to echo the shattered pieces of my emotions. The hotel elevator blurred as I stumbled through it, still clinging to Mia for both balance and solace in my intoxicated state.

As I handed John his phone back, my frustration lingered. "If he calls again, let it ring," I instructed with a firm tone.

"Mrs. San— I'm sorry, Lena, I can't do that," he corrected himself, sensing the tension. I shot him a pointed glare.

"Well, just don't give it to me. You talk to him, then," I rolled my eyes, weariness evident in my posture as I turned away, facing the closing elevator doors.

A minute passed, and Mia's phone started to ring. Her giggles filled the room, and I joined in, amused by what I assumed was her playful gummy bear ringtone. However, my laughter ceased when she handed me her phone, revealing Dominic's number flashing on the screen.

"Let it ring," I suggested, shrugging my shoulders as I stepped into the room with a stunning city view. The men bid us goodnight, securing their positions outside our door, their room situated across the hallway.