32||I need a Drink

Song: shoot it up-Teyana Taylor ft Big Sean

Alena's POV

Exhaling a yawn, I asked, "Babe, you seen my phone?" as I searched my bag. He handed me my phone, headed for the door, barely sparing me a glance. I figured he was in business mode or maybe irritable from the lack of sleep. The man was stretched on the condo sofa when I took a midnight twinkle. Too tired from the alcohol, I merely glanced at him before stretching back out on the bed.

I shook off the feeling, understanding the demands of his work. As he walked out, saying he was going to have a drink, I pulled him around and placed a kiss on his cheek. "See you later," I smiled. Closing the door, my attention was caught by Mia standing with her ringing phone. I hung up the phone and let her in, joking, "You're going to live a long time," as I settled on the king-size bed. Mia took a seat next to me.

Clearing my apps, I noticed Mateo had been left on read. I didn't even remember being on my phone last night. That would be the last time I'd drink tequila, I clearly couldn't handle it. Quickly I respond and closing the message, Mia's voice filled my ears from behind me. "You're not! Because you obviously have a death wish," she exclaimed as I sent her a confused look. Before realizing she's clearly saw who is been texting.

"Would you calm down? It's not that serious," I brushed her off seriously.

"Dominic won't see it that way. Come on, Lena, things were just getting good," she scolded. I could sense a bit of disappointment in her voice. Then, she paused, her eyes widening, and her face turning bright red. It was as if a light bulb had gone off in her head. She pushed me onto the plush hotel bed and began to vigorously shake me.

"Alena, what if you run into him? He and his friends practically own half of New York," she exclaimed, rising from her seat and pacing the room. Panic set in as she continued, "That's it! We're doomed. Dominic will kill you, me for knowing, and Jules for dating me. Our family will never find us." She sighed dramatically, still rambling, "He'll probably chop us up and feed us to sharks."

"You're being overly dramatic. Get up," I said, pulling her off the floor. "We won't run into him. Dominic doesn't do clubs, and I spoke to him earlier this week. He's got tons of business to handle."

"That doesn't mean you won't bump into him. New York is a small city," she shot back, still unconvinced.

Mia's concern lingered in the air as our conversation unfolded. Leaning forward, her expression carried genuine worry. "Lena, you know I've got your back, but these business trips are crucial for the boys, and Dominic and Jules are both in a bad mood."

I sighed, recognizing the gravity of the situation. "I get it, Mia. The last thing I want is to make things awkward for anyone."

She nodded, acknowledging my understanding. "Exactly. Plus, you don't need any unnecessary drama."

Running a hand through my hair, I felt the weight of the decisions ahead. "You're right. I'll block him until we leave, keeping things drama-free."

Mia gave me a reassuring smile. "Good."

I opened my phone and began muting his Instagram messages; his number was never saved, so I didn't worry about that. "There, happy?" I said, showing Mia. She rolled her eyes, and we delved into discussing our outfit choices.