Chapter7..His treat

Alena's POV

Somewhere and somehow during the conversation, I ended up on Mateo's lap in a compromising position. His hands ran along my bottom as our mouths connected. I'll blame it on the alcohol because this boldness was not something I possessed. He began to caress my thigh teasingly close to my panties, lingering there awhile before I spoke up.

"Are you just going to be a tease?" My face buried in his neck, taking in his expensive cologne.

He chuckled. "You were just three seconds from leaving; now you're begging?"

I drew myself back. "Begging?" I scoffed,moving to get up. "You sure know how to turn a girl on" I said sarcastically.

"Lucky for you, I like when your desperate but your drunk"He pulled me back, dragging me into a kiss.

"I know exactly what I'm doing" I challenged, looking  him in his eyes.

His eyes stayed on mine for a moment as if he was contemplating his next action. His hands moved over the thin fabric of my thong. His action catching me off guard drawing a light gasps from me.  My legs widen giving him more access. He leaned down his lips meting my ear "Is this what you want ?"  I let out a moan as a reply .

His husky voice continued to whisper sweet nothings into my ear, bringing more wetness to my core. My body squirmed under him unable to keep still. Just as I was approaching my release he ceased his movements.

"What the hell was that?" I sat up, disoriented and annoyed.

He shrugged, walking over to a desk. "I gave you a tease" a sly smile spread across his face.
Before I could offer a retort, the familiar jingle of my phone interrupted the charged atmosphere. I sighed, retrieving it from my designer bag.

"idiot," I muttered, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Lena, are you taking a shit? Why are you taking so long?" Mia's voice came through the speakers.

"I had a phone call and I  got distracted," I said, fixing my dress. "I'm making my way down now."

It was obvious Mia couldn't hear a thing over the music; her response being  repeatedly calling my name. "Hello ? Lena? Lena!" Mia's voice raised over the music.

, I hung up without offering a reply. I turned around to Mateo, "Well, thanks for nothing." Snatching my belongings, I headed toward the mirror in the room. Just as I started fixing my smudged makeup, my phone rang again. Answering and putting it on speaker, I said, "I'm walking out of the restroom, Mia," glancing into the mirror once again before moving to step out.

Surprise flickered across my face as I heard Dominic's voice on the line. "Baby, it's me. Are you okay? I miss you. I've been trying to call you for days."

Mateo and I eyes met in the mirror, and I could sense the amusement in Mateo's expression. I quickly took the phone off speaker."I'm fine. Just busy enjoying my time in New York. I'll talk later." I hung up waving off any further attempts from Dominic to engage in conversation.

"Boyfriend?" Mateo laughed leaning back in his chair .

"No, husband," I said, walking out of his office and making my way back to the club section.

Entering the lively club, my attention honed in on Mia amidst the vibrant crowd, energetically cheering on a group. A closer look revealed Sofia and Nala attempting the robot dance, yet Sofia's moves resembled a tipsy robot gone haywire, stumbling before a daring ascent onto the bar, culminating in an icy crash landing.