FOURTEEN - A PR NIGHTMARE

"Are you sure you won't come? It'll be a fun night, Esté. I don't want you to miss out."

Estélla was staring at Katy's face with narrowed eyes, examining every inch of her skin before dabbing away a spot of smudged mascara beneath her eyes and letting out a satisfied sigh, happy with her work.

"I'm sure. I'm exhausted from Europe, I just need a night off."

Katy shrugged her shoulders and stared at herself in the mirror, "I get it, it's just a shame. Thanks for helping me out though, I appreciate it."

The pair were currently sat in Tony's living room in the Stark Tower, Katy perched on a chair with two ring lights shining down on her while Estélla did her hair and makeup for a movie premiere happening that night downtown.

Tony was attending and so was Katy, who just so happened to be bringing Steve Rogers as her plus one to the event, making that night their first official appearance together.

"Katy, does it matter which tie I wear?"

Steve wandered into the living room in a white shirt with two ties in his hand, one black and one navy blue.

Katy tilted her head with a soft smile, "Yes it does, darling. The blue one matches my dress."

"Right," he said with blushed cheeks and a smile, "You look beautiful, by the way."

He nodded shyly before quickly turning on his heels and walking back out of the room to get dressed, leaving Katy with the same rosy cheeks her boyfriend had and a smile to match, too.

If love at first sight existed, Estélla was sure Katy and Steve had experienced it. They'd been almost inseparable since the night of Tony's birthday and in the span of just three months, had fallen completely head over heels in love with each other.

Things had gone well for Alicia and Bucky too, though they'd taken a more off grid approach to their relationship, jetting off on city breaks without telling their friends where they were until anyone had actually noticed they'd gone.

Estélla was happy that her friends were happy, and she was happy in herself, too. After the success of her Saint Laurent show in Paris, she'd spent the following month travelling around Europe for work, signing more contracts and doing more shoots before finally touching down in JFK just twelve hours before Katy called her in a panic, stressed beyond belief when her usual hair and makeup artist told her she was out of town.

Of course, Esté didn't hesitate to jump into action and help her friend, trekking across the city to Tony's building to help her get ready. She hadn't seen Tony since the night on the terrace at The Ritz and they'd only text briefly in the month that followed, but the feeling of missing him weighed heavily on her heart for those four long weeks.

They'd grown close since Esté moved to New York and somehow felt even closer after Paris. There had been an awkward edge Esté was scared about standing on when she arrived at the Stark Tower that night, wondering how she'd feel when she looked into his eyes again, only she needn't have worried at all.

Tony welcomed her with a bright smile and a warm hug the same way he always did, though he did hold onto her for a little longer that time. He'd missed her the same way she'd missed him and although he'd woken up the night after The Ritz without the anxiety in his chest about his confused feeling towards his best friend, his heart still yearned for her company.

"Stella! Need your help!"

Esté groaned when she heard Tony calling her from down the hallway. She rolled her eyes and excused herself from Katy before trudging out of the living room and down the corridor towards his bedroom.