SEVENTY - THE AFTERPARTY

"And I believe a huge congratulations are in order, right? There's a little supermodel slash superhero running around now, isn't there?"

Esté smiled and the heat flushed into her cheeks, grinning uncontrollably at the mentioning of her daughter.

She was sat with one leg crossed over the other on a black leather couch of a late night talk show airing from Manhattan, Brad Pitt beside her and Steven Tyler sat beside him, two people Esté was thrilled to be met with and to have supporting her on her first TV appearance since becoming a mother.

Jaw-dropping in a golden mini dress with her blonde hair swept back into a voluminous pony tail, her face was lifted with contoured cheekbones and winged eyeliner, glossy nude lips and a white smile.

Esté had been wracked with nerves about appearing in front of a camera again but after the warm reception she received a few weeks ago at the Vogue dinner, her negativities were slowly starting to fade.

The audience clapped with enthusiasm and Brad and Steven flashed comforting smiles in her direction, filling her with happiness and support.

"I wouldn't say she's running around just yet," Esté giggled, "But yes, Tony and I welcomed a daughter back in November."

A photograph Esté had shared on her Instagram of the three of them sitting together on the huge log that lived on the beach of their Hamptons home flashed up behind her on a screen, a chorus of awe echoing around the studio and melting her heart.

"She's beautiful, absolutely beautiful," the host said with a grin, "How are you finding motherhood, was it a big adjustment for you?"

She pursed her lips in thought, debating how much detail to thread into an answer she wanted to keep honest.

"I am so lucky to have such an incredible partner in Tony that...that the whole thing has been so much easier than I'd ever imagined. He's relentless with how much he cares, how much he does for the three of us, there's nobody else I could've done this with, absolutely nobody. But speaking a mother, it's been a lot. There's endless mental challenges, physical obstacles and hurdles and differences I hadn't noticed before surprising me every time I look in the mirror. It's hard, but equally the most rewarding thing I've ever done, and the best. I can't imagine a world without my little family."

Esté settled into the rest of the interview comfortably after talking about her family, somehow being able to gush about how much she adored Tony and their little girl making her feel at ease, calmer than she had done before.

The night flew by and after two hours of laughter on that couch, Estélla found herself at the afterparty with a glass of champagne in her hand, tired and happy but battling an ache in her chest at missing her family.

She was stood by the window when Brad waltzed over to her with a grin, immediately wrapping an arm around her and kissing both cheeks with a light squeeze of her waist. He looked handsome in a light grey suit and white shirt, his hair longer now and effortlessly tousled.

"You killed it, nothing to be afraid of," he said, clearly recognising how nervous Esté had been before the show.

"Thank you," she smiled, "It was easier having you there, and Steven. I feel out of my depth with people I don't know now."

Brad sighed and nodded in understanding, "You'll always have me. Congratulations, by the way, I didn't have chance to say it in person."

"We got your card and the flowers. She doesn't fit into her dress yet but I reckon in a couple of months it'll be perfect. Thank you, Brad."

Estélla's relationship with Brad was strange in the most wonderful way. There had been a time she'd been teetering on the edge of love with the Hollywood heartthrob and although that didn't end the way they both thought it would, a long history of friendship before that kept their bond tight and unbreakable.