Chapter Two

【─── Chapter Two 】

【─── Chapter Two 】

Love At First Assassination Attempt

Serafina's eyes adjusted quickly to the darkening sky as she walked back up the steps from the underground memorial she had just been investigating.  

As she ascended the steps, she couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment.

She had arrived at the cemetery not long before the last bit of sunlight faded over the horizon.

A strong desire to comb over the police's footsteps had taken hold and she'd found herself walking the perimeter of the cemetery.

She didn't always trust the police to do their job so she liked to walk through the scene of a crime herself, surveying with a set of eyes that were primed for supernatural things that most normies would miss. 

She followed a path that led her to the underground memorial area filled with stone plaques and names of the deceased who had chosen a more luxurious send-off than the regular stone graves above ground. 

To her dismay, it was empty, and no signs of a recent disturbance could be found.

Not a single trace of a monster or child. 

"Damn," Her right hand had quivered with the anticipation of gratuitous violence against a monster that could harm children. 

Unfortunately, her thirst for justice would have to wait a bit longer.

She reached the top of the steps and silently traced her steps back to the entrance of the cemetery, casting a glance over the graves that lay in various states of disrepair. Some of them were completely barren, and others were long forgotten with wilted flowers and decaying weeds.

She finally reached her car and pulled a map from her back pocket that she had swiped from the local library. It was located in one of those little cases in the front where they offered you little brochures on what kind of fun and exciting events their small town offered. 

She couldn't imagine anything fun about this quaint town, besides the bar down the way that had mouthwatering cheesy fries and ice-cold beer. 

She knew this because she had stopped by the bar for a quick bite on her way to the cemetery.

A hunter had to eat, and she was not a pleasant person to be around if she was hungry.