Chapter Five

【─── Chapter Five 】

【─── Chapter Five 】

Tearful Reunion

The blonde had it out for Serafina after her vulgar comment.

The monster's eyes narrowed to serpentine slits, a reflection of the venomous rage brewing within.

Serafina baited her with a coy smirk, her lips forming a kissy face as she tauntingly motioned for the blonde to come at her.

On her left, Dean watched the baiting exchange, the moment charged with anticipation - The moment he saw the blonde's face contort into a mask of rage, he knew the confrontation was imminent.

The blonde lunged without volition, a terrible snarl ripping from her throat as she charged. 

Serafina met her with lethal force, their collision reverberating through the space like thunder.

They were two lethal little dancers, oscillating between offensive and defensive movements, though the Vetala was less poised and precise than the hunters. 

That was the thing about monsters - many of them were crippled with rage, anger, and bloodlust, which clouded their better judgment and other senses. They were all brawns, and many lacked the skill to fight like a seasoned hunter. 

That was where hunters came in - having formal training in the art of the fight left Serafina at an advantage that many monsters didn't have. 

They paused, backing up for a momentary breath. As they paused, circling each other like predators, she could see the woman's hesitation and the subtle shift of her eyebrows as the monster realized that this hunter would not go down easy.

The blonde Vetala bared her teeth as the two clashed together once more, the dagger still clutched in Serafina's hand as she swiped at the monster's face, lashing a jagged gash on her cheek, causing blood to blossom and trickle down her face. 

The Vetala stumbled back, half-crouched on the ground as she used her free hand to dab her cheek and assess the wound that Serafina had inflicted. She hissed with fury, "Look what you've done to my pretty face, you bitch!" 

The following hiss made the hairs on Serafina's neck stand on end, but she masked it with a breathy chuckle as she flicked a lock of hair out of the way of her eyes, "Awwww, afraid the world is going to see the hideous monster behind the mask?"

The monster screamed - something horrible and grating on her ears, the noise cutting straight through to her damn bones, rattling even her teeth. 

Serafina readied for another attack as the blonde charged at her like a professional linebacker.

Meanwhile, the voluptuous red-headed monster set her sights on Dean and Sam, her body crossing the space between them within a matter of seconds - she struck Sam without hesitation and sent him flying into a crate of boxes with a groan.