☆ Season One || Chapter Six

I am back. with a chapter 6 this time! Lowkey I am wondering if there's anyone who is still reading this story but nevertheless, I feel like continuing on with it, I have so much planned... honestly, everything hasn't even been set in motion yet BUT we're slowly getting there.

I already started chapter 7 so hopefully, it won't take too long to post it here. but I still have other stories so it might take a while

------

"You three tell me something," The headmaster stepped forward, a small smirk on his face, "What does magic mean to you?" He proceeded to ask. "Meaning... of magic?" Lillias mumbled as she exchanged glances with her two siblings, checking if anyone other than her had an answer yet all of them remained deadly silent, she could tell Liz and Loris were confused by the question. "Um..." Liz trailed off as she racked her brain for an answer... but she couldn't think of anything. The meaning of magic? To her...?

She couldn't quite comprehend the purpose of such a question.

"It's okay, it matters not, you still have plenty of time to find an answer," Randolph reassured them, "Search for the answer from within your hearts."

"Yes sir."

"One more thing," Conrad spoke up, turning to speak to them, "Now this is very important, you must never leave the Academy grounds after nightfall, also the tower of sorrow and the surrounding east forest must never be entered."

"The tower of sorrow? Isn't that from the fairytale of the dragon of time and the first king?!" Liz asked in bewilderment. "A fairytale you say?" Conrad narrowed his eyes and glanced at Liz while Zen covered his mouth, fighting the urge to laugh.

"Isn't it?" Liz asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Liz it... it's real," Lillias chimed in, turning to face her sister. "Did you think it was a fairytale all this time?" She looked at Liz in amazement. "... Liz, even I know..." Loris shook her head in disbelief, she didn't find this amusing... not in the slightest. "You two must be joking...right?" Liz skeptically eyed her two sisters, the story couldn't possibly be true... right?" Her eyes glanced from her sisters to the headmaster, desperate for an answer. "Like those two said, it is no fairytale, it's a true legend." Randolph nodded affirmatively before glancing back at the girls. "Wait really, that actually happened?!" Liz exclaimed, her eyes bulging out of their sockets like saucers.

"Indeed yes, though it seems some lands believe it no more than a fairytale," Randolph let out a muffled laugh. "It's embarrassing you don't even know that much," Klaus blurted out. "...." Liz remained quiet as she looked at the ground, she tightened her grip on her hand feeling slightly embarrassed by her ignorance, Klaus's remarks were not making things easier either... but really, did he have to say that?

"Headmaster Randolph is one of the three mages who has vowed to protect the tower of sorrow," Conrad informed them.

"What? He's one of the three mages?! Liz shouted in utter shock. "Indeed I am," Randolph smirked playfully before winking at Liz. "That reminds me, I heard you three were unable to meet Klaus at the station."

"Yes, we went off on our own as soon as we arrived.... Then we ended up accidentally splitting up and... stuff happened." Liz mumbled as she averted her eyes. "Hmm yes, something of the like did happen," Lillias affirmed.

"I apologize for the acceptance letter failing to tell you the proper instructions." Randolph apologized sincerely, "I should better make sure that nothing similar happens to our provisional students in the future." He mumbled to himself. "Why was Prefect Klaus sent to the station in the first place?" Liz hesitated slightly but managed to ask the question. "Because I asked him to," Randolph replied casually.