☆ Season One || Chapter Two

I know, I know. This Chapter took a LOOOOONG while, I guess I was just not motivated to write and this chapter turned out to be a pretty long one, around 3,000 words, I even had to split it into two chapters because it was going to be longer. Anyway, here it is! chapter two! "The acceptance letter."

Edit: And this chapter has finally been rewritten! Took me a while and been working on other stories but I have not forgotten this one! this one actually turned out pretty long, almost 5,000 words.

****

Taking long, deep breaths, the young archer pulled the arrow from her quiver, placing it on the bow, she positioned herself and started aiming at the target. Once she locked onto it, she released the string, letting the arrow zoom through the air.

With a thud, it hit the red mark, dead in the center. The young archer let out a small sigh as she closed her eyes, her grip on the bow slightly loosening as she pulled it down, she wanted to rest her arms after all the target practice.

"Excellent aiming skills."

A sudden, unknown voice startled the young archer.

"Who's there?!" Loris spun around and pointed an arrow at the intruder, glaring at them with murderous eyes. "What in the..." The girl looked at her so cold intruder only to find out it was a piece of floating paper, yes a floating paper.

"Whoa there, watch where you point that thing!" The paper shouted as it curved backward to dodge the arrow, the edge of the paper gently pushing it down.

"....A talking paper?" Loris stared at the letter, her mouth hung open in shock.
"Paper? Paper?! You think I am a mere paper?!" The paper scoffed, "As if. I'll have you know I am the acceptance letter of the one and only Gedonelune royal magic academy!" It curled back proudly as it announced.

Loris' eyes widened at those words, "Sorry I think I misheard you, did you say the acceptance letter of-"

"Gedonelune Royal magic academy!" The acceptance letter repeated with the same proud voice.

"Gedonelune-"

"Royal magic academy!" The acceptance letter repeated for the second time, the same proud voice not wavering.

It took a while for the words to register, and even after they did, she still stood frozen in place and unable to say anything, the acceptance letter of the most prestigious Magic Academy stood in front of her, curled up proudly looking all stuck up and acting all stuck up for that matter. There were so many questions roaming through her mind. How could a mere country bumpkin like herself get accepted so easily? Why would she get accepted? What does getting accepted mean for her now? Those questions kept repeating in a loop. There was a moment where Loris doubted the talking paper, thinking it was all some sort of prank but when she spotted the red seal, she realized that this was a genuine acceptance letter to Gedonelune Royal Magic academy, this was the reality of the situation. However, the biggest problem remained; she never sent an application. "Sorry but I think you've got the wrong person here," Finally finding her voice, Loris managed to reply to the acceptance letter.

One of the letter's edges curled down and started moving from side to side, "You are one of the Hart sisters are you not?" He asked in confusion.
"Yes, however it was my two sisters who appli-" Loris stopped midway, flashbacks of a few days ago resurfacing in her mind, "Curse you Lillias...." she muttered suddenly, looking down as she gripped her hand. The acceptance letter cleared its throat, as if it actually had one, and straightened up, "Loris Hart, although it is a mystery to me how a country girl like you with little to no magical experience, has been accepted into the academy-" The acceptance letter went on with its long, aggravating speech but his words went unheard, going from one ear and outside the other. "It still does not change the reality of the situation, as such… I have come here to escort you to the academy, there's not much time! We must get ready and prepare for the-"