Chapter 1

Harlow's P.O.V. 

My whole life all I've ever know was the inside of this Hydra base. I never knew who my parents were, but I've heard a few of the Hydra agents talking and I heard one of them say that my dad was someone named Steve Rodgers, and by the way they were talking about him I guess he was a bit of a big deal or something.

Hi, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Harlow and I am four years old and I've been living in one of the many Hydra bases my whole life. I've got super strength, super speed, endurance and fire power, why and how they managed to give me fire powers is really confusing.

Ever since I could remember, there has always been at least on constant in my life here in the Hydra base, and that was Bucky.  Even when they scrambled his brain every couple of weeks he always seems to remember me when he comes back to his cell beside mine. 

It has been a few days since I've seen Bucky. I don't know where he went this time, I just know that a few Hydra agents came and told him that there's a mission he needs to do. "Bucky?" I mumbled as I started to wake up after hearing a lot of noise from his cell "hey bug, sorry for waking you" he said quietly "it's ok, where were you?" I asked, hugging my teddy bear closer to my chest "I had something to do, don't worry about it though" he told me softly.

"Let's go" one of the Hydra agents said as the came into my cell to take me where ever they needed me "where are you taking me?" I asked not getting up from my spot on the ground "doesn't matter, now let's go" the other Hydra agent said as he picked me up and stared carrying me out of my cell. "No, no, no, no, no!! Please don't take me! Bucky!!" I shouted as we walked out of my cell and I put my hand towards him "let her go! You let go of her damn it!" I heard Bucky yelling at the agents as he tried to get out of his own cell to get to me "shut it in there!" the first agent shouted over the both of us. 

"Please, I'm tired" I panted as I stopped running "no, go again" one of the Hydra agents said. All of the agents who were in the training room had me running around in a maze, every time I stopped they would zap me with an electrical shock.

I took a deep breath before I started running again. This time I finally made it to the end of the maze without getting shocked again "wow, she was a lot faster this time and she managed to make it the whole way without having to get shocked" the first agent said excitedly "yeah, and her heart rate and oxygen levels aren't rising" the second one stated as he looked at the computer.

After running around in the maze for the last 3 hours, it was finally time for me to go back to my cell, and I have never been so excited to get back to my cell before. "Hey, Doll. Are you ok?" I heard Bucky asked from beside me "yeah, I'm just really tired and my head hurts" I mumbled quietly as I laid down on my little make shift bed and pulled my teddy bear closer to my chest before I slowly started to fall asleep.

I was woken up a little while later to a really loud noise. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes "what's happening Buck?" I asked as I looked over at him "I'm not sure" he said as he came and stood next to me at the front of his cell door. A bunch of Hydra agents started running past us shouting a bunch of things, I heard one of them say that we've just been attacked and that the systems are down. I looked over at Bucky to see if he heard the same thing, he nodded his head before he pushed on his cell door to see if would open, and it did. Once he opened his cell he came over to mine "come on, Doll. Let's get out of here" he said as he picked me up, grabbed my teddy bear and started running down the halls of the building, eventually we found a large hole in the wall that nobody was guarding, so we quickly went out the hole and started running.

After running for about 20 minutes I heard some loud voices coming from behind us "Bucky, they're coming" I stressed "I know, I know" he said as he kept running. The voices kept getting closer and closer, eventually Bucky put me down and gave me my teddy bear "I need you to keep running, just keep going straight. I promise I will find you, ok?" he said before he looked back and saw that the Hydra agents getting closer "but what if you don't?" I asked, tears filled my eyes and fear filled my voice "I promise that I will find you, even if I get caught I will find a way to get back to you. Now go, before they get you to" he said as he stood up and gave me a little nudge. I held onto my teddy bear a little bit tighter and started moving as fast as I could, after running about 30 feet I turned around to see the couple of Hydra agents tackle Bucky to the ground "Harlow, run, go as fast as you can!" Bucky yelled over to me as he struggled against the agents. I turned around and started running as fast as I could, not a clue in the world as to where I was going. I heard a few Hydra agents starting to chase me down, I quickly stopped and managed to teleport somewhere else in the woods, hopefully that is going to give me some more time to get away from them. 

After running for what feels like forever I finally made it to a little town, I slowed down and started walking down the side walk, trying to find a place to sit down. I found a park bench to sit on, so I quickly made my way over to it and sat down, happy to finally be off of my feet and resting. "Hey sweetie, where are your parents?" I heard someone ask from beside me, I looked over and saw a woman standing there next to me "oh, um, I don't know where they are" I said quietly as I looked down at my feet "where did you last see them?" she asked as he sat down beside me "I don't know, I never knew my parents" I told her. I know that I shouldn't be telling all of this to a stranger, but if there is even a chance that she could help me then I am going to take it. "I'm Natasha by the way, what's your name?" she asked with a smile as she held out her hand for me to shake "I'm Harlow" I smiled back and shook her hand "how about we go back to my apartment? Get you warmed up and get you something to eat?" she asked sweetly "ok, I am pretty hungry" I smiled as I took her hand and started walking with her back to his apartment. 

"So Harlow, do you know your last name? I know you said that you don't know who your parents are, but you at least got to have a last name" Natasha asked as we were eating dinner. I know that if I told her my real last name then she might try and take me back to the Hydra base that I just got out of "I don't know, nobody ever told me" I told her, hopefully by not telling her it'll keep me out of the horrible place for a long time "that's ok, we'll figure it out one day" she smile at me lightly before she continued eating her food. I'm really glad that she didn't keep pushing me about some of these things, I wasn't ready to talk about any of it yet.

It's been a few days since Natasha has taken me in with open arms. she's been nothing but nice  to me and I am finally feeling comfortable enough to let my guard down around her. Every time Natasha and I go for a walk and I am always keeping my eyes open to see if I could find Bucky anywhere, and sadly I haven't seen him yet.

I'm really hoping that nothing bad happens and that he can somehow find his way back to me.

(A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know that marvel is moving on from the original 6 characters, but I'm not lol. I don't think I can mentally or emotionally move on from them lol. So this is basically all going to take place before Avengers: Endgame, some might take place after it but I am going to make sure that I keep the OG characters in there lol)