Chapter 11

Harlow's P.O.V.

The last few days have been pretty hard to say the least, everybody kept giving me weird looks, talking about me, about my family, about everything that went on a couple days ago.

When lunch came around I put my things in my locker before going to the cafeteria. I grabbed myself a tray before making my way down the food line and grabbing the things I wanted. Once I grabbed everything I made my way to an empty table before sitting down and reading my book and slowly picking at my food. As more and more people came into the cafeteria I could feel everyone looking at me and I could hear a few of them whispering about me as well. I just ignored it, there was nothing I could do. I just let them talk because thats what it was, just talk.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I look up from my book to see two guys sitting in front of me. "I'm Peter, this is Ned. Is it ok if we sit here?" He asked "sure, I don't really care" I said before looking back down at my book "so I saw you in Germany a few days ago" Peter said calmly "what?" I asked quickly looking up from my book again. "Yeah, I was the one in the spider suit" he whispered "oh, um, yeah. I remember you" I said before closing my book so I could focus on them "I wanted to say sorry about what's going on with your family. I know how hard it is to lose your parents, to have no friends and what it's like to struggle. So I thought we'd sit here with you and become your friend" he told me, for the first time in 3 days I actually smiled a real smile, "thank you Peter, that's really sweet of you. Thank you too Ned" I smiled lightly.

"Hey, Harlow!" I heard Peter yell down the hall as he came towards me. Its been about a week since Peter and I became friends and it's been really nice having someone to talk to and to have here beside me. I mean, yeah I still have Vanessa as a friend, but she's all the way in Washington right now. "Hey Peter, what's up?" I asked once he finally came to a stop "would you like to come over for dinner tonight?" He asked "sure, that sounds like fun. What time should I be there?" I wondered as I took out my history textbook and binder "dinner is at 5:30, so aim for 5:00, I'll text you the address" he told me before heading towards his next class.

Eventually the day was over, so I got onto my car before pulling out of the schools parking lot making my way into the apartment and started getting ready for dinner tonight.

When the clock hit 4:50 I left my apartment and made my way over to Peter's apartment. "Hey, you found it ok?" Peter asked as he opened the front door to his apartment. "Yeah, it was easy, seeing as how we live a few blocks away from each other" I joked as I followed him inside "Aunt May, this is Harlow" Peter said as we walked into the kitchen "hi honey, how are you?" She asked as she put something into the oven "I'm good, thanks. How are you?" I asked "that's good, and I'm doing just fine" she said with a warm smile "dinner shot be ready soon, so go do what ever it is you need to do" she added before tuning her attention back to what ever she was doing.

Peter and I made our way to his room and started doing some homework. "Guys, time for dinner" Aunt May shouted from the kitchen, I put my pencil down next to my notebook and made my way towards the kitchen and sat down. "Don't be shy, grab whatever you like honey" Aunt May told me as she started putting food on her own plate.

"Thank you so much for having me over tonight, I had a lot of fun" I smiled as I grabbed my things and put on my coat "anytime honey, if you ever need somewhere to hang out the door is always open" Aunt May smiled back at me before giving me a quick hug. "Thank you for having me over" I said quietly to Peter "no problem, I'm glad I could get you out of your apartment for a few hours" he grinned "alright, I'm going to head home now. I'll let you know when I get home" I told him before I opened the door and walked out.

Eventually I got home about 30 minutes later. We may only live a few blocks away from each other, but New York traffic is crazy.

I took my phone out of my back pocket and sent Peter a quick text saying that I got home safe. I then put my phone down on the counter, made my way to my room and changed into some sweat pants and one of dads old shirts before making my way back into the living room to watch some tv before heading to bed.

(A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to like and comment telling me what you think! Your feed back means a lot)