Chapter 6

Harlow's P.O.V.

I've been getting to know Steve a bit more as the last couple months and it's been pretty fun so far. He's old fashion, but he's a really cool guy to be around. I've been spending 2 or 3 days a week getting to know him, theres been the occasional time where I've spent the night over at his place.

It was definitely strange that I've got a father figure in my life again, I haven't had a father figure in my life since Bucky helped take care of me while we were in the Hydra base.

"Come on kid, lets go out for dinner" Steve said as he came into the apartment "ok, where are we going?" I asked as I stood up and started putting on my shoes "I'm not sure yet, lets just walk and see what we come across" he said as he help open the front door and followed me out.

We made our way down the street and found a quiet little restaurant that only had 3 other people in it, which was nice. We made our way to the back corner, sat down at a table and placed our order.

"So Natasha mentioned that before you were in her care that you were with Hydra?" He asked, nervous that he might cause me to have bad memories about my time there "yeah, I was" I sighed before taking a bite of my sandwich. "What was it like, if you don't mind me asking" he asked as he took a bite of his fry "it was hell, they were always doing something to me every other day. Made me run around in a maze, if I stopped id get a zap of electricity" I told him, the memories of everything slowly coming back with each word. "My god, thats awful. Why would they do that to such a small child?" He wondered "I'm not sure. But I wasn't alone, I had Bucky" I said before taking another bite of my sandwich "wait, did you just say Bucky?" He asked, completely shocked by the name that just came out of my mouth "yeah, Bucky. He was in the cell next to mine, he's the one who helped me get out of there" I shrugged my shoulders "why do you ask?" I question "he was my best friend as a kid. I thought he died in the war" he let out a dry chuckle and leant back in his chair.

Eventually the subject changed and we finished our lunch. Steve paid for everything before we made our way over to central park for a little walk.

"Thanks for the great day dad, I had a lot of fun" I smiled and gave him a hug. I felt him stiffen so I quickly pulled away from the hug "what?" I asked "nothing. It's just that was the first time you've ever called me dad, thats all" he said "I'm sorry, I can still call you Steve if you want me to" I said in a worried tone "no, no. It's fine, you can call me dad. I like it" he said with a wide smile "ok, I'll call you dad from now on" I smiled back at him "I'll talk to you tomorrow kid, now go to bed, you've got school in the morning" he smiled again before lightly pushing me inside "ok, good night dad" I smiled lightly before closing the door and making my way to my bedroom for the night.

(A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to like and comment telling me what you think, your feed back means a lot to me!)