Chapter 12

Harlow's P.O.V.

It's been a year since the whole Accords thing happened and I'm still living alone in the apartment. To be completely honest it has been a very lonely year without dad here, even without mom and she lived in a different apartment building, I never really realized how much a 17 year old girl needed her parents around her all the time,

"He's going to be quite pissed that you forced me cut his business meeting short, you do know that right?" I asked, praying to god that she'll drop this and leave it alone. "He'll get over it, I promise" she said, attitude lacing every word "fine, he'll be here tomorrow" I said before making my way out of the school, to my car and started making my way towards the apartment.

"Harlow, what is it? What's wrong?" He asked concerned "yeah, theres a slight problem and I'm going to need you to come home" I told him once I closed the door and put my bag down on the floor "what happened?" He asked "yeah, ok. So one of my teachers is being a dick and she wants to have a meeting with you tomorrow, I know its short notice and that theres a big risk of you getting caught. But there's nothing I can do to stop her from forcing this" I explained "it's fine, I'll be there soon. Make sure you leave a key under the mat so I can get in when I get there" he said "ok, I'll see you later" I said before hanging up the phone and checking it on the table before I made my way into the kitchen to start making dinner.

"Hey, wake up" I heard someone whisper as they shook my shoulder "ummm, what?" I asked groggily "I'm home" I heard the voice whisper again "dad?" I questioned "yeah, its me" he said as I hugged him "I missed you" I whispered into his ear "I missed you too" he told me.

"So what is this meeting about?" He asked as I pulled out of the apartments parking lot "its because she's out to get me" I told him before I pulled out onto the street "no seriously, why is there a meeting?" He asked again "its because she doesn't like that I'm not raising my hander talking much" I explained as I pulled up to a stop light "are you shitting me?" He asked "language!" I joked "you're really not going to let that go, are you?" He questioned "nope" I smiled over at him.

Eventually we pulled up to the school, it was still pretty early so not many people were here yet. "Alright, its going to be the first class room on your right, can't miss it" I told him as he got out of the car "alright, now wait back here until I'm done, I shouldn't be long" he told me as he closed the door and made his way inside.

Steves P.O.V.

"Ok, so what you're telling me that you pulled me away from my business meetings that are over in London, England because my daughter is shy and quiet?" I asked in a confused tone "yes, she needs to participate in class more" she explained to me "I need you to answer some questions for me then" I stated as I leant my arms on the table "ok?" she wondered "is she completing her work in the time period that's given?" I asked "well, yes" she said, shifting in her seat a little bit "and is she handing things in on time?" I asked "well, um, well yes, she is" she stammered as she tried to get her words out "ok, then that's all that matters. I have many more important things to do then to sit here and listen to you talk about how my daughter is too quiet and doesn't want to do things that she doesn't want to do. We could have both saved a lot of time, and money, by having this meeting over the phone. Now, if you'll kindly excuse me I have to get back to England for the rest of my meetings" I said as I stood up and made my way towards the exit of the school. I had Harlow wait at the back of the school for me so I didn't get seen walking out the front door and get caught.

"So, how did it go?" Harlow asked once I got into the passenger side of her car "fine, I don't think this teacher will be bothering you anymore" I told her "good. I'm sorry that I risked you getting caught" she sighed as she turned onto the busy street "its not your fault that your teacher is crazy" I told her before taking a deep breath.

Harlow's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you're doing ok?" He asked as we got bak to the apartment "yeah, I'm ok. I've got Peter, Ned and MJ to keep me company. I've also got Vanessa, if I need her she's one quick phone call away" I told him with a small smile "well thats good. Now I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I've got to go" he said with a sad look "it's ok, I'm not sure why you keep worrying" I lightly joke "I keep worrying because I'm having to leave my 17 year old daughter home alone for long periods of time" he said in a joking yet serious tone. "Dad, I'm fine. Now go before you end up getting caught" I told him as I lightly shoved him out the door "ok, ok. Now be safe" he said before kissing the top of my head and walked away.

(A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to like and comment telling me what you think! Your feed back means a lot.)