Chapter 5

Natasha's P.O.V.

It's now been 7 years since I've had Harlow in my care. It's definitely been an interesting time for the both of us, we've both have learnt so much in the last 7 years of being together.

I got a phone call from Colton saying that I needed to come in, that Clint had been compromised. I had sent Harlow to the Helicarrier while I went over to India to get some work done and to get Bruce to come with me to help us find the Tesseract.

"Mom, you're back" Harlow said excitedly as she came over and gave me a hug "hey honey" I smiled as I hugged her back. I noticed that she quickly looked behind me at Steve and Bruce "how was your trip? Did everything go ok?" She asked as she looked back at me "it Wass good, everything is ok" I smiled, deciding to keep some of the details about the trip to myself.

"I'm going to head back to my room, I've got some homework to finish" she said quietly before leaving the room "ok, I'll see you in a bit" I said before the door closed. I noticed that Steve opened his mouth to say something, but before he could Nick came into the room and started talking about what was going on.

"How long have you known she's been my daughter?" I heard a voice say from behind me, I turned around and saw Steve following me out of the control room "what do you mean?" I asked, playing dumb to the question he was asking "you know exactly what I'm talking about. Harlow, how long have you known she's been my daughter?" He asked again "how the hell was I supposed to bring up the fact that you have a daughter into any of the short conversations we have? I've only known you for 30 minutes Rogers, this isn't exactly an easy conversation that could have been brought up so quickly" I stated "And how do you even know about her in the first place?" I added, completely taken back about this whole conversation "I've heard people talking, heard them whispering about how my daughter is here, about if I know about her or not. There no doubt in my mind that the moment I saw Harlow, I knew what they were talking about" he told me, finally calming down a little bit.

"Why did nobody tell me about her?" He asked, running his hand through his hair "you've just gotten out of the ice a few months ago Rogers, we thought that springing a kid on you would be to much for you handle" I told him honestly "how is all of this even possible? How were they able to do this?" He asked "we're not 100% sure yet, we've been trying to figure that out since she escaped Hydra and came into our care 7 years ago" I told him "Hydra? Hydra is the one how made her?" He stressed, I took a deep breath "yes, they had her for 4 years before she managed to get out and escape, how she got out by herself we don't know" I explained to him "how old is she?" He asked "she's 12, her birthday is May 21 2000" I told him "I have a 12 year old daughter" he chuckled as he shook his head and walked away.

Harlow's P.O.V.

"Mom, you're back" I said excitedly as I saw her walk into the main room and gave her a hug "hey honey" she smiled as she hugged me back. As I pulled away from the hug I looked behind her and saw two men following behind her, one with brown hair and one with blonde hair. The blonde guy kept giving me these weird looks, with made me feel a little uncomfortable. "How was your trip? Did everything go ok?" I asked as I quickly looked back at mom "it was good, and yeah, everything went ok" she smiled as she brushed some hair out of my face

"I'm going back to my room, I've got some homework to finish" I said quietly before making my way out of the control room "ok, I'll come see you in a bit" I heard mom say before the door closed behind me.

Thankfully the walk from the control room to the room I was staying in wasn't long, only about a quick 5 minute walk. I closed the door behind me, sat down at the desk, turned on some music and then started working on my math homework.

Just as I was finishing my homework, mom came into my room "hey honey" she said lightly knocking on my door "hey mom" I smiled as I put my pencil down and turned off my music. "So who was that blonde guy who followed you into the control room today?" I asked, not bothering with any small talk. She sighed "that was Steve Rogers, he's your biological father" she told me "I have a dad?" I wondered, I forgot that as a kid people at the Hydra Base mentioning that I had a dad who was a super solider or something like that, I just didn't think it was real. "Yeah, you have a dad. He was frozen in the ice for 70 years, how they managed to get his DNA to help create you is still a mystery to all of us" she told me "oh" I mumbled, not really knowing what to say about it all.

"I know that's a lot to take in, so if you have any questions just ask, ok? Now come on, lets go get some dinner" she said and opened the door to my room, I got up and followed her out of the room and we made our way towards the cafeteria to grab some food.

Today was and interesting day to say the least, mom came back and I found out that my dad is still alive and that he's in the same place as me.

(A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to like and comment telling me what you think, your feed back means a lot to me! I know that there is a big time jump with this chapter, but I just wanted to speed things up a little bit)