𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻| 𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩ 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻|𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦————————————————

————————————————

Vultures swarm their sick and injured prey waiting for the perfect moment of vulnerability to go for the throat, to attack and kill for their food.

Vultures, in this case, mean the reporters swarming the front lawn of the King household; a mass of men and women holding microphones and cameras and notebooks stand in a large group talking casually and waiting for that perfect moment of vulnerability from Samuel King that can make the front page and be their "big break".

It makes Sabrina feel sick to her stomach as she stands at the window glaring out at the crowd her brother Sam is currently trying to corral in an attempt to find out everything they know.

Sabrina remembers the same kinds of people, those heartless enough to feed on the pain and misery of others, circling their house a few years ago, when her brother Daniel had knocked some girl up. She remembers the newspaper that got delivered with the front page covered in a picture of him, him in dark, clearly portrayed as evil and the girl gloomy and sad like some sort of victim— which obviously wasn't the truth, an exaggeration at best.

But the relentless articles and him being the poster man for rich absentee fathers had made Daniel change everything about himself, even the good parts, the parts everyone had loved about him.

He rarely visited home anymore, scared of the spotlight.

But this was not about him, this was about Felix and his not so gracious return back to civilization after having ran away from rehab.

Even more so, this was about the murder investigation with him as the top suspect.

"You should have come to me as soon as Felix showed up that night." Her oldest brother Sam said to her as she turned to close the blinds.

"I called Lucian." The tone of her voice reflected that she didn't care, but in fact she cared most of them all.

Sam rolled his eyes, like he often did at her. Like she was a child and he was this great old man who was all knowing. "Lucian is not in the police. He doesn't know how sensitive this is."

"That's exactly the reason I didn't call you." She turned to face him. "You would have made this into an investigation, which it's not—"

"And look where we are anyway."

"He's our brother and I'm was not going to let him get investigated when he did nothing wrong—"