𝖎. nightmares, heeseung

" nightmares "

" nightmares "

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WHEN HEESEUNG JOLTED AWAKE beside you with a low panicked yelp, you opened your eyes. You can see him break out in a cold sweat despite the dim lighting in your bedroom.

"Bad dream?" You sit up, rubbing your hand up and down, hoping to calm him down, another hand wipes the cold sweat from his brow. He rubs his face roughly with his palm before taking a deep breath. You begin to run your fingers up and down his back neck.

"Yeah," He only gives you a weak nod. He isn't the type to have nightmares, but when he does, they can be terrifying. You want to ask him, but you realise it can wait. He'll tell you in the morning anyway. Right now, your priority is to soothe and calm him.

You decide to get out of bed, but Heeseung beats you to it; he grabs you by the waist and pulls you into his embrace.

"Don't go. Stay"

"I'll just go get you a glass of water okay?" You gently rubbed his arms, attempting to pull them away, but he did not budge.

"Stay," he says quietly.

So you decided to hold your breath and hug him as tightly as possible. You smile as you notice his body relaxing after a while he rests his head on your shoulder.

"I don't want water Let us just go back to sleep," he says, pulling away from the hug, leaving a gap big enough for him to look at your face. You nod and reassure him before stamping your lips on his forehead.

"Okay. Let's go back to sleep." You stroked his ruffled hair, relieved to see the frown on his face lift.

You're both cuddling, his arm around your waist, your back against his chest.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, darling," he says quietly.

"It's all right. In any case, I'd rather be the one who can comfort you." You give him your assurance.

"You've always done it. "I love you," Heeseung pulls you closer to his frame and presses his lips against your shoulder. He nuzzles into the crook of your neck for a few seconds before both of you fall asleep again.

don't forget to vote & comment !