𝖎𝖎𝖎. koibito, riki

" koibito "

" koibito "

note!
if you know the meaning of 'koibito' then please don't spoil it. and for the people who don't, try not to search it, if you want the full experience; it is explained later in the chapter :)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀IT CAME FROM A place of mockery. Riki seemed to have made it his mission to remind her of her shortcomings ever since he discovered she'd been trying (and, sadly, failing) to learn Japanese after he'd muttered a sentence to her in the language under his breath.

It wasn't her fault, she reasoned. The language was difficult to understand and had many sounds she couldn't pronounce, not to mention the grammar. When she asked Sana to assist her, the blonde simply replied, "Well, you just...have to know, I guess," which didn't help much either.

So, not only did she still have no idea what he'd said to her all those weeks ago, but she also seemed to have gotten a nickname from him that served no purpose other than to annoy the shit out of her. A nickname that dangled the fact that she still hadn't mastered the language above her head.

In all honesty, she wanted to punch him every time he used it. With such carelessness and nonchalance, as if he didn't care, as if he didn't know what he was saying, as if she didn't know.

Oh, she knew, alright. And she hated it.

It was most noticeable when they were alone together. Riki never failed to call her the stupid name when it was just them and their friends were in the other room.

Sometimes he used it in moments of exasperation, like when he'd try explaining the rules of a video game to her once again and she still didn't get it.

"Koibito, just - listen," he'd sighed, taking the controller from her hands and repeating what he said earlier.

She dropped out of the conversation the moment he said the nickname. His lips moved, and the rules were repeated, but not a single word registered in her mind - if only out of spite. She felt like he used it to mock her at times.