chapter 2

The phone clattered to the floor, and so did Victoria.
"Mom.MOM," Melissa yelled. "Wake up." At the same moment, her father Steve walks in the door.
"What happened?" He asked
"Whoever was on the phone said something to upset her, and she fainted."
"Oh no,"
"What?"
"Melissa." He faltered," I dont know how to tell you this. Your sister... she went missing this morning."
"WHAT!" She shrieked,"missing. How?"
"I dont know. I was with her all night except for ten minutes this morning to eat."
Melissa opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by her mothers scream.
"Victoria, are you ok?" Steve asked.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK?" she yelled. "MY BABY HAS GONE MISSING!"
"Honey, calm down." He soothed.
"I MOST CERTAINLY WILL NOT CALM DOWN WITH MY LILLY MISSING. AND WITH A STRANGER AT THAT."
"Victoria, we will call the police dont worry."
"OH YEAH AND WHAT WILL THEY DO ABOUT IT."
"They will search the city. We will find her."
"No, we won't. She's lost forever."
"I'm just gonna go," Melissa said
"No Melissa", Steve said."Call Dr. Streyer."
"Ok." She shakily walked to the phone, dialed the number, and waited.

When Lilly woke up, she awoke in a dark, damp smelling room. She heard hushed voices somewhere in the room. She tried to move but found she was tied to a chair. And blindfolded. She tried to be quiet, but the slightest movement made her wince loudly.
"Oh, so you're awake. Are you." Said a voice in front of her.
"Do i know you. Your voice sounds familiar. "Lilly replied.
"I dont think so." He said.
"If you would be so kind as to remove my bonds and blindfold, I would be very grateful."
"Well, if i did, would you try to escape?"
"Well, duh. And i wouldn't attempt. I would succeed."
The man slapped her, and she fought the urge to wince.
"Didn't you know it's illegal to hit a woman."
"It's also illegal to kidnap people, but here i am."
"True, but assault is on like another level."
"KEITH," yelled a voice from the other room. "DO YOU HAVE TO START A CONVERSATION WITH EVERY VICTIM?"
"No sorry boss".
"Drug the girl. And then I'll deal with you. "
"Yes, sir.

Melissa woke up to the sound of her mother crying again.  Slowly, Melissa walked to her mother's room.
"Mom." She whispered
"Huh," Victoria replied
"Are you crying again? "
"What do you think? Do you think I'm laughing? "
"No, Mom. I just wanted to help. We have people searching, and we will find her. "
"Are you sure? "
"No. But i have hope. "

"YOU BETTER MAKE THESE FLOORS SHINE!" yelled the man.
"How am i supposed to make the floors shine if  i can't see the floors?" She asked.
The man slapped her so hard the room spun.
"Disrespect me again, and you won't like what happens. Keith, remove the blindfold, and if she escapes, you're next."
"Yes, sir."
Keith walked to Lilly to remove her blind fold.
"Don't even think about it."He grumbled in her ear. "Clean."
She started to move and got hit in the head with a sponge.
"CLEAN," Keith yelled.

The key turned in the lock.
"I'm home," Steve glumly said.
"Dad," Melissa said. "Any news?"
"None", he replied. "Like any other day. I'm worried about her. She can't hold her tongue to save her life."
"You're right.  She's gonna be scarred. "
"Terribly scarred. " And he started crying.

"THOSE FLOORS ARE NOT SHINY ENOUGH!" The man yelled.
"I'm sorry your majesty. "
"Enough with your sarcasm. Clearly you haven't learned your lesson. "
"Nope. And i don't plan on it. Who are you any way?"
"That is none of your business. Just clean. Rat."
"Whatever you say. And I'm not a rat. "
"Listen here girl you better think about any moves you make. You're on my turf. Any wrong moves and i swear i will make you wish i just killed you when you first arrived. GET BACK TO WORK! "

Melissa woke to her parents talking in hushed voices. She got up to go eavesdrop. Quietly she slunk to her parents door.
"Steve i need her back. " Victoria said
"Victoria we will find her i promise." Steve said.
"You cant promise something like that".
"I know I can't. Tomorrow the press wants to interview us for media coverage."
"Tomorrow Melissa is going back to school."
They kissed and went to sleep.
No, thought Melissa. They cant send me back to school with my sister missing.
Melissa went back to her room, and cried for the first time since Lilly disappeared.

The next morning Melissa got ready and went to school. That day she was a hot mess. That day dragged by until 5th period when she got called to the office. When she got to the office, she was greeted by two FBI agents. One female and one male. The woman was tall and skinny. The man was short.
"Hello Melissa," the woman said. "My name is Sarah and this is Tom."
"Yes", Melissa said. "What do you need?"
"We confirmed that your sister was kidnapped."

Hey guys chapter was way longer than the first one. 864 words. I dont really have much to say excrpt thank you so much for reading and im sorry for any wait you have for any chapters. Chapter 3 coming soon. Hopefully.