Belong to the city

© AG. This story cannot be reproduced or used in any public works. March 19, 2017.

Gia
Bushwick New York:

It was 10:30 pm, I was getting ready for this album party my boss invited me to. I worked in the fashion department for ovo sounds, so I dressed all the artist signed to ovo and created merchandise for their fans. I heard there's this new artist he goes by "Partynextdoor." Weird, yet intriguing stage name. "Gia, hurry up!" My co-worker/bestfriend yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. Ugh, I couldn't stand that heffa for the life of me, but I wouldn't want anyone else but her by my side. The thing about this industry is that you never know where you belong, or who's really your friend, but I sure as hell know that Liya is the one to count on. I just hope that Mr.Party doesn't get too comfortable, before he finds out he doesn't belong to this cold city.

Obeying Liya's command, I put on my Marc Jacob's two piece followed by my Steve Madden heels. I glanced over to Liya who was stylin and profiling with her cami, suede dress with Givenchy heels. I swear, no one does it better than New York girls.

"Li, what time is it?!"

"10:45, how are we gonna make it for 11 when it's uptown hoe?!" Li replied looking at me all types of crazy. She was always the one on time, organized, while I was the messy one. We're complete opposites but there would be no joy with us being exactly alike

"Listen mama, mi a tell ya fah da one time, don't come at mi crazy yeah?" the sweet patois rolled off my tongue. My mother is a St.Lucian woman, born there, but came to the states when she was 19, falling in love with my Brooklyn daddy. 2 years later, I was born. Being the only child was fun in my eyes, I got everything I ever wanted, but being spoiled in New York gets you no where.

"Yeah yeah, lets go bimbo." I laughed at Liya's statement and made my way out of my condo. We hopped in my matte black G-Wagon and strolled off into the city ....

🌺

🌺
🌺
🌺
HEY! I'm Alana, this is my first book. I'm very excited to hear what you guys say. I'm a bit conflicted on whether I should go on. If so please comment. - Lala