002. WELCOME BACK, WILDCATS!

Coming back to school was a hard thing to do

Coming back to school was a hard thing to do. It was a bright sunny day as everyone walked to school following a big game on the first day after the summer break. Raya, a young cheerleader, walks to school. She was proud to let everyone know where she came from.

The Wildcats Prep Theme played as the drawing of East High transitioned to the real school. Students gathered in front of the school as a bus parked.

Chad ran up to Raya and hugged her, holding hands. Chad Danforth dribbled a basketball while Raya tried to take it from him. Basketball players greeted each other. When Troy stepped off the bus, the crowd cheered.

"Troy, how's it going?" Chad asked as they shook hands.

"Hey, Troy what's up." Another student smiles shaking hands with Tory. After the victory, everyone approached Tory to congratulate him.

"Happy New Year, guys." Troy smiled at the group.

"Yeah, it's a happy wildcat New Year!"Chad grasped his best friend's hand, his infectious smile unwavering except when he noticed Raya's lack of cheer.

"You're the man." Another teammate yelled.

"In two weeks we're going to the championships with you lead us to infinity and beyond." Chad locked his arm around her neck as she scoffed at the thought of returning to school to deal with idiotic teachers.

"What team? Wildcats! What team? Wildcats!" As the students cheered, they ran into the school.

***

Sharpay and Ryan Evans strut down the hallway, with Sharpay focused on texting on her phone. As they walk, a boy tips his basketball hat at Sharpay. As she passes Chad, Raya, Zeke Baylor, Jason Cross, and the rest of the team, Sharpay raises her hand and gestures for them to move out of the way. The team makes way and exclaims mockingly. However, Sharpay accidentally slams into Raya, causing her to hit the lockers.

"The ice princess returns from the North Pole," Zeke stops his ball and turns to the young girl as everyone else walks away.

"She spent the holidays the way she always does." Chad rolled his eyes, helping Raya up from the ground. Chad checked on her to ensure she was okay. He cared deeply for his best friend.

"How's that?" A student questioned.

"Shopping for mirrors." Chad laughed.

The group laughed as they passed Taylor McKessie and the science club. They arrived at their classroom just as the first period was starting. To be annoying, Chad started following his best friend to his locker.

"Behold the zoo animals heralding the New Year. How tribal." Taylor pointed out the school to the science students.

"Why didn't you let me do something?" Chad asked as he helped Raya open her stuck locker.