005. MUSICAL AUDITIONS

The next day, everyone was headed to homeroom

"Come on Raya," Chad said groaning, trying to pick her up from the stairs.

"No!" She pouted. The idea of going in and dealing with Sharpay and all her attempts to annoy her was unappealing to Raya. So the next best thing was not to show up.

"Please, Raya. You're going to make us late." Chad said.

"Dude, she's not going to get up. Are you coming or not?" Troy said.

Chad groaned, knowing that Troy was right. He was trying to think of something he could do to get her inside the school.

"You get her legs, I'll get her front," Chad said.

Troy nodded as they picked up Raya even though she kept screaming at them to put her down. Little did she know that they sat down.

"Damn it!" Raya mumbled.

Sharpay hands Ms. Darbus a gift.

"Just something for you." Sharpay smiled.

Sharpay walks over to her seat as the rest of the students enter the classroom. Troy and Gabriella shared a smile.

"Well, I expect we all learned our homeroom manners yesterday, correct?" Ms. Darbus asked.

Troy looks back at Gabriella, who giggles.

"Look," Chad whispered turning Raya's head. Raya saw the way they acted together something she was keeping a secret from her.

"If not, we have some dressing rooms that need painting. Now a few announcements. This morning during the free period will be your chance for the musical auditions." Sharpay smiles at Ryan and claps. "Both single and pairs. I will be in the theater until noon for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your creative spirit..." Ms. Darbus said. Ms. Darbus extended her arms.

"When's she due back on the mothership?" Chad said making everyone laugh and Raya rolled her eyes. Troy smiles awkwardly.

"...Now today we are going to discuss the importance of Shakespeare." Ms. Darbus said.

It was nice to see her interested once again. She may perform the play.

"Don't think about it," Sharpay mumbled. "It's always been a talented play so maybe you should stick to cheerleading and lead it to the real professionals."

Maybe, she was right.

~~~

Troy slams shut this locker and Chad approaches.

"Yo, what's up man?" Chad said giving him a secret handshake.

"What's up?" Troy asked.

"Hey, the whole team's hitting the gym during free period. What do you wanna have us run?" Chad said.