004. GETCHA HEAD IN THE GAME

Troy tosses up the basketball and catches it

Troy tosses up the basketball and catches it. Chad stretches on the floor. Behind them is the basketball team practicing.

"So dude, you know that school musical thing? Is it true you get extra credit just for auditioning?" Troy asked.

"Who cares?" Chad shrugged.

"It's always good to get extra credit... for college," Troy shrugged back.

"You ever think LeBron James or Shaquille O'Neal auditioned for their school musical?" Chad said stretching his arms out.

"Maybe," Troy shrugged again.

Chad gets up. "Troy." Chad stretches his neck. "Look, the music in those shows isn't hip-hop, okay, or rock, or anything essential to the culture. It's like, show music. It's all costumes and makeup. Oh, dude, it's frightening," Chad shivers.

"Yeah, I know. I just thought it might be a good laugh, you know. Sharpay's kinda cute too. And Raya loves singing all the time. I thought you would want to see her," Troy smiled.

"So is a mountain lion, but you don't pet it," Chad shrugged. "And for Raya, I don't think she would want me there,"

Chad takes the basketball from Troy. Troy sighs.

"All right, Wildcats! Pair up!" Troy said.

Troy claps his hands and runs back into the basketball team. The basketball team runs drills. The players pass the balls to each other. They shoot baskets. Two players rotated around each other as dribbled and quickstep. Someone dribbles between their legs. A player snatches a spinning ball off another finger. Zeke dribbles a ball off the floor.

Troy sings as the basketball players continue to practice.

Troy: Coach said to fake right,
And break left,
Watch out for the pick,
And keep an eye on defense,

Gotta run the give-and-go,
And take the ball to the hole,
But don't be afraid,
To shoot the outside "J".

All: Keep your head in the game,
Just keep your head in the game.

Troy: And don't be afraid,
To shoot the outside "J",
Just keep ya head in the game.

He shoots a basketball. The team gathers around Troy to join the song. They break apart, continuing to throw balls across the court and sing.

All: U gotta,
Get'cha getcha head in the game,
We gotta,
Get our, get our, get our, get our head in the game,
U gotta,
Getcha getcha head in the game,

We gotta,
Get our, get our, get our, get our head in the game,

Come on,
Getcha getcha head in the game,
We gotta,