001. NEW YEARS EVE

The ski lodge is alive with excitement as the inhabitants enjoy the festivities

The ski lodge is alive with excitement as the inhabitants enjoy the festivities. Gabriella Montez sits on the sofa reading as Miss Montez approaches.

"Gabby, it's New Year's Eve. Enough reading," Miss Montez said.

"But, Mom, I'm almost done," Gabriella whined.

"The teen party? I've laid out your best clothes. Come get ready." Miss Montez said smiling, trying to get her daughter up.

"Can I have my book back?" Gabriella asked.

Miss Montez hands the book back to Gabriella.

"Thank you," Gabriella said.

"Come on," Miss Montez leads Gabriella away.

***

Mrs. Bolton enters the gym and sees her husband and son shooting hoops. Coach Bolton bounces the ball to Troy Bolton.

"Keep working left, Troy. Got a guard in the championship game we're excepting, You'll torch them," Mr. Bolton said confidently.

"By going left?" Troy asked.

"Yeah, he looks middle, you take it downtown," Coach explained.

"Ok, like this?" Troy said. He fakes left and makes a basket.

"Wooh! That's it, man. Sweet, I wanna see that in the game," Coach Bolton said impressed. He's always been impressed with his son he wants him to go farther.

"Boys?" Mrs. Bolton said.

"Oh you'll see that in the game, don't worry about me," Troy answered.

"Did we fly all this way to play more basketball?" Mrs. Bolton asked, crossing her arms. There was a look of mutual agreement between Troy and Mr. Bolton.

"Yeah," They both said.

"It's the last night of vacation. The party, remember?" Mrs. Bolton said.

"Right. The party, the party. New Year's Eve," Mr. Bolton said.

"Troy, they have a kid's party downstairs in the Freestyle club," Mrs. Bolton said helping her husband remember more.

"Kid's party?" Troy said.

"Young adults. Now go shower up," Mrs. Bolton said.

Troy takes the ball from his father and bounces it one more time.

"Come on, one more," Troy said.

Mrs. Bolton sighs.

"Last one," Troy said.

"Real quick," Coach Bolton said.

Mrs. Bolton relents. Troy spins and makes the shot.

"There we go, that's the way to end it," Troy said walking out of the basketball court to please his mother's wishes.