007. BACK TO THE BASICS

Raya couldn't believe that she was willing to hear her out

Raya couldn't believe that she was willing to hear her out. They put their desk together in the algebra lab and begin to talk.

"I am sorry for not believing you. What James told me about her actions made me realize how foolish I was to take her side. I regret it. I want us to be friends again, but I understand that it's up to you whether or not we can move past this. I hope we can," Raya said firmly, looking Ryland in the eye while holding his hand.

"Let me interrupt you," Ryland said, holding her hand up. Raya sighed and looked down at the ground. "I forgive you. It's easy to be blinded by her."

"Seriously?" Raya said shocked.

"Yes, seriously." Ryland smiled, holding her hand tighter.

They smiled at each other and hugged.

"Double trouble is back!" Ryland said jumping up and down.

Raya looked at her confused. "Double Trouble? Where did you get a name like that?"

"Remember when we were younger?" Ryland said.

"Which time?"

"We mostly danced and sang like we were in our band before we met Angelia," Ryland said while laughing. "And we were nicknamed 'double trouble' because nobody could handle all the heat we brought."

"I remember that we were pretty good." Raya smiled.

"We were the best in this school. Even Sharpay respects us, even though she can't stand our guts," Ryland boasted.

"Ironic, isn't it?" Raya said.

"I'm so happy, I got the music back into you," Ryland said.

"Yeah, we never got to celebrate that after my dad died, now I just live with my terrible mother. She's the worst."

"Sad we can't go back to that though," Ryland said, shrugging.

"Who says we can't?"

"What?" Ryland asked confused.

"You remember the song we wrote when we were 10?"

"Yeah, what about it," Ryland said.

"Follow my lead."

There was a rush out of the classroom. They ignored the teacher's shouts. There is a good chance he will forget sooner or later. Seeing students and teachers leave the classroom, they watched. There was no better time than now.

Ryland;
Ain't gonna fight it cause it's useless,
I can't keep this music out of my head,
It's like the beat is taking over,
Weight off my shoulders, dancing instead.

Raya;
And something's different about the hallway,
Something looking, looking like it changed,
I've been moving to rhythm for the whole day,
A million lyrics running to my brain.