Rinko x Male Reader: "Seeker"

Author's Notes: Dedicated to a friend, mostly a fluff chapter instead of the usual, if you're reading this, you know who you are, anyways enjoy the out of the blue chapter!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"I think that's all of them..." I said as I deleted some photos from my gallery, as I was laying down on the couch, hugging the pillow as I heaved a heavy sigh, it escaping my mouth, as it can be heard throughout the room, since I was alone in this apartment.

'Why am I always like this...? So damn prideful...' I simply said to myself as I closed my eyes forcefully, forcing myself to forget the last few months, but I already knew that was a pointless endeavor, how could I after that major screw up?

Y/N L/N, a name I don't want to hear right now, I know it's my own name, but to be honest, I think it's better for me to change this name, but, that would be too cowardly on my part, running away would just make it worse for me.

I guess I have some recollection to do, even though I'm not making sense anymore, as much as painful it is, I need to dig on the past few years of my life again, to wonder to myself, where the hell did I go wrong.

In the first year of my highschool, I met two people who I stuck to all throughout highschool, Rinko Shirogane, my best friend, and lastly her, I don't even want to name her because frankly, I don't deserve it, short story short, she was my girlfriend throughout our Hanasakigawa Highschool days, and as you guessed it, she's currently my ex, we broke up 3 months ago, we are now currently all college freshmen.

It was honestly without an exaggeration, the happiest days of my life, we helped each other, our common interest in NFO also fueled that friendship to blossom, and we helped Rinko grow out of her shell to join Roselia too, days that I took for granted for sure.

Then I picked up a hobby that would eventually lead to this breakup, making videos on Metube, yes I know, it sounds ridiculous in retrospect, but when I was trending, something clicked in me, to pursue it, not because I was genuinely into it, I was simply seeking attention, avoiding my friends and current girlfriend in that timeframe, leading to us constantly arguing with each other, each argument becoming more heated because I craved that attention and fame I got doing it while ignoring her for the temporary fame.

Maybe because it was of my upbringing, but I was born without sufficient attention and care from my parents, of course, when I got older, I slowly realized they were caring for me, by them both working overseas to fund my school needs, but still, when I got attention from those videos, it would my stroke my ego and pride ever so slightly, of course I don't use it as an excuse for my actions, as I am technically an "adult" now, but it might be the reason why it was so effective at me, warping my self-image to the extreme.

"Hahaha, what a fucking idiot..." All I could do was laugh at myself in pity, I chose the temporary fix of happiness and pride, instead of the things I already have, and this was the outcome, totally deserved on my part, I abandoned that channel obviously, without even a goodbye to the fans that deserved it.

I looked at my phone again, and I saw that Rinko was online currently, I have been avoiding them both, I already knew that Rinko knew what was happening between us and simply said to open up when I felt ready when we played NFO together weeks ago, we have not talked since then, I really don't deserve her patience and kindness.

I don't know what came over me but I started texting, maybe because of sheer desperation to let this all out of me, or because I think she deserves to know the whole truth, but either way I texted her still.

"Want to meet at my place, I wanted to talk, if you're free, don't let me take your precious time if you have other things to do." I texted her as I hesitated to send the text message, part of me was saying that I would be left on read, since I also hurted her in the process, but I was too far gone into this already, closing my eyes as I sent the message.