In a tight grasp - Chapter 2

Not long after your initial talk with Steve, you find yourself sitting in front of the flickering monitors, showing off the entire layout of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.

With a sigh, you push some buttons on a worn-down keyboard, changing from one camera feed to another. Just as Steve said, the job isn't complicated, it's just so...

"...boring." You huff, pushing the swivel chair away from the desk and making you spin slightly.

"You've worked as a security guard before, right?" Steve inquires, intertwining his fingers on the desk, prompting you to momentarily glance down before making eye contact again.

"Of course I did, security almost always hires." You chuckle, relaxing in your seat. "When do they need me, day or night shift?"

"You really want that minimum wage job, huh?" Steve smirks, shaking his head. "You'd be working night shifts- terrible hours, I know. But your duties? Just one. To keep everything in- out, sorry, and keep the place clean."

"That's two things." You say before you can stop yourself. The man pauses for a moment, before scrunching his nose in a bemused manner.

"Right."

After a few seconds, the chair grinds to a halt, and you casually shift your gaze back to the monitors. Your focus narrows in on the letters spelling '1A'. You quietly observe as the camera pans from left to right, showing the maroon curtain instead of what you're actually eager to witness.

You know exactly who's hiding behind that curtain.

Your gaze drifts toward the vintage poster on the wall, its weathered surface displaying the word 'Celebrate!' in bold letters just above the familiar trio of animatronics.

"Could I see them?" You ask, unable to keep your excitement in. "The animatronics, they're probably still there, right?"

"...don't tempt fate, darling." He warns, and you shiver at the pet name. "Their circuits fried years ago, so don't mess with them or you'll get shocked. Just leave them be and focus on the cameras."

Fuck, you know you shouldn't but... how would the owner know you snuck a peek? Steve advised you not to check up on the mascots - in his words 'Just stay in your office and I'm sure nothing bad will happen' - but how can you not when they're just a short walk away?

Curiosity will be the death of you.

You get up from your seat, grabbing the flashlight from one of the drawers as you do. You're a security guard, after all, it's time to make some rounds.

Despite having flipped the main breaker, the pizzeria is still mostly engulfed in shadows. You explore the quiet hallways, curiously peeking around every corner. Soon enough, you arrive at your destination - the party hall.

It's a large, dimly lit room, with the main stage situated in the back. As you walk towards it, you pass by the empty tables, throwing a quick glance towards the arcade area. You should check that one later.

Finally, you come to a stop, inches away from the main stage. To the left, lies a smaller stage, the one housing Foxy the Pirate, you recall. You turn your flashlight towards the gap in the curtain and smile as its light reflects in the animatronic's hook.

You gaze back to the main attraction, and without further ado, extend your hand toward the curtain, pushing it to the side.

There they stand, Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica in all their glory.

A smile starts to creep onto your features, as you reminiscent on the few times you actually visited this now abandoned pizzeria. You never had a chance to get too close to the stage- your parents being overprotective and whatnot, but now...

You extend your hand and touch the fuzzy leg of the band's lead singer. Despite the passage of time, Freddy's fake fur is still nice to the touch- even if slightly damp. You brush your fingers gently against the animatronic, as if careful not to wake up a sleeping beast.

With your curiosity satisfied, you take a deep breath and pull your hand away, ready to head back to your office and actually do your job. Your plans change, however, as a foul stench enters your nostrils, overtaking all your thoughts.

You pinch your nose in a futile effort to block out the smell, your other hand turning the light towards the only possible perpetrator, the animatronic bear. Now basking in the flashlight's beam of light, Freddy looks much worse to wear than you initially thought. His once bright colors are now desaturated. Especially on his legs, where long, dark trails of an unknown liquid mark his appearance- almost as if something spilled inside of the robot's stomach cavity.

An uneasy feeling washes over you, and you slowly shine the light onto your other hand.

And on it, a dark, crimson, stain.

You promptly drop your flashlight, taking a few steps back in shock.

Why would blood be there, of all places, it must be ketchup or some other food-

Your breathing speeds up, and you once again wince at the horrid smell. Your mind runs a hundred miles per hour, trying to make sense of what's happening- and that's when you hear it.

Steps.

Loud, heavy steps.

Why the fuck did you take a job at an abandoned, apparently haunted pizzeria?

You slowly turn around, afraid to face whoever's making such an intimidating noise.

In the dark hallway, the same place you came from, the only corridor leading towards the exit - stands a creature. You stand in place too, frozen, too terrified to move.

Your eyes widen as you lock eyes with the figure- or rather, lock eyes with the white, bright dots on its face. It might sound crazy, but you swear it looks just like an animatronic as if it belongs next to Freddy on the stage-

Against your better judgment, your eyes dart back towards the bear, and then back to your blood-stained hand. Does this strange creature have anything to do with... whatever's inside Freddy's metal shell?

A deep, hearty laugh emerges from the mysterious figure, and your head snaps back towards it, petrified to find that's it much closer than the last time you laid eyes on it.

Now that it stands under the dim lights of the dining hall, you can get a better look at its appearance.

It looks like a yellowish version of Bonnie, with a mangled side, exposing a bit of wiring behind it. Its face is tattered, revealing a wide set of teeth, surrounded by patches of discolored fur.

But how did it laugh so... human?

How did it move so quickly?

"I told you," The figure says without moving its mouth, which in turn raises even more questions. "to leave them be." Its voice, despite being somewhat muffled, sounds distinctly male and you could swear you've heard it somewhere before- "And now, you'll have to be punished."

With fineness that you know no animatronic is capable of, the masked man raises his hands, revealing a big, sharp knife. He grips the blade between the thumb and forefinger of his other hand and wipes it clean.

If you weren't scared shitless, this would be the hottest moment of your life.

"Come on, it's no fun if you just stand there." The man whines, standing up tall as he readjusts the grip on his weapon. "Run."

You stand still, baffled by such an outlandish request to-

The man gives chase and with a loud shriek, you run.