Part Two

The vampire is completely knocked out in the chair before me. If he doesn't wake up soon, I might have to do it for him. We're not precisely on the clock, but it won't take long before someone notices four students have decided to play hooky. I had to drag Mary Anne's dead body as well to hide it. At first, I thought about leaving it to find, after all, Mary Anne was still a teenager with a family that deserved to know their daughter's whereabouts. However, now that both Dean and I disappeared along with the vamps, I wanted to hide their bodies to prevent any repercussions. The last thing we need is to be blamed for murder. So, earlier, after calming down a freaked-out Dean Winchester, I had him help me with the bodies. He was reluctant at first, and rightfully so, until I explained the supernatural world to him. Needless to say, he didn't believe me till I showed him Mary Anne's fangs. Now, I'm not sure if he trusts me, or if he's just playing along. He saw her attack me, but also me shooting her.

I look out the window to find him digging a well-sized hole in the ground. He tries to look away from Mary Anne's body as much as he can. His shoulders are tense, he works effortlessly, yet he doesn't strike me as the type to work out. All things considered; I think he took things well. He decided to help me, claiming he was still debating my sincerity and wanted to make sure of it with Rodney's interrogation. To my better judgment, I allowed him to aid and witness. What else was I supposed to do? Civilians aren't meant to learn of the supernatural, but Dean already did, and I didn't want him running around spilling things about today. It would make us move away sooner than planned. Which means mom can't learn about Dean. Even one person knowing of it is detrimental to our stay.

I walk out the door and approach him. He's so immersed in his task that he doesn't hear me coming. His first reaction after I shot Mary Anne wasn't running but staying calmly still. Then, when I told him about the supernatural, he called me crazy. "What were you doing with Mary Anne in the woods?"

Dean's eyes narrow when he looks back at me. "Why'd you care?" He's defensive, he was doing something he wasn't supposed to.

"I care because you were with a vampire alone in the woods, did she lure you in?" I didn't think Mary Anne could have something that'd pick Dean's interest, but I might be wrong.

The teenager looks away, but I manage to catch the tip of his nose blushing. Odd. "No, she didn't lure me. I found her there after Ifollowedyou." The last sentence is rushed and almost whispered, but I hear it.

"Why did you follow me?" Now it's my turn to be defensive. He's about to answer when there's a clear sound coming from inside the cabin. We run to it.

When we enter, I quickly find the reason behind the ruckus. Rodney's chair has fallen, and now he's laying pathetically on the floor. It's clear that he has been trying to untie himself and has failed terribly. I have half a mind to laugh at him, but my annoyance wins over. The school is going to be over soon, and I don't have time for the young vampire's games. There are more pressing matters to do, like finding out if he's alone. While Elena never encouraged torture, Lily and I were no strangers to it. I would usually be a spectator while Lily remained in the motel, but I like to think I know enough to make a vampire talk, especially if he's a novice.

"Glad to see you awake, I was beginning to think I measured wrong my dose," I greet the vampire. In retaliation, he hisses from the floor. The animal-like sound makes Dean take a step back, though I believe is more out of surprise than fear. Without picking him up from the floor, I crouch near his head. "Hey there Rodney, now, let me tell you how this is gonna go. I'm going to put you back up, and we'll have a nice little chat where you tell me where the rest of your vamp-friends are hiding. Got it?"

"Fuck you, bitch!"

Now, I wasn't expecting him to cooperate right away, but I didn't think he'd be that stupid. Before I can say something, though, Dean steps up. "Now, that's no way to speak to a lady."